[31] The explanation

Phee's P.O.V

"Oh.... it's you," I muttered. There were so many questions running through my brain, but I wanted so many things from him right now.

I wanted an explanation. I wanted an apology. I wanted a reason to not be angry anymore. But most of all, I wanted him back. Lover or best friend.

"Sorry-" He apologised awkwardly for scaring me.

"-What are you doing here?" I asked bluntly cutting him off quickly.

He took in a deep breath. "Phee, I'm really really really really sorry for everything that's happened- but there's an explanation for it all!"

I crossed my arms, leaning on the frame on the door way. "C'mon then, let's here it,"

"I was gonna confront Ella I really was. I went to do it and then she just- she started talking about how she's decided she doesn't wanna talk to Miles anymore. She was being so understanding about why I was jealous and I kept telling her it was okay. And then I understood why she was being so nice. She wanted me to stop talking to you too-"

"-What and just like that you did?"

"No of course not. You think I'm that much of an asshole? Of course I said no. But then she said she knew that we kissed." He revealed as I parted my lips slightly. Trying not to act shocked and also like I wasn't bothered. "She said if I went near you she would tell the whole school and I didn't want to be made out that I was a cheater and I knew you didn't want the whole school knowing and-"

"-So why didn't you just confront her about the fact that she cheated too like we said Billie joe? Was things that hard for you? Did you forget?"

"No I didn't forget, not at all. She told me she told you to kiss me and that it was a plan you made. So I got it stuck in my head that-"

"-That I lied about Miles and Ella kissing so we could kiss?"

He nodded slowly, a little ashamed of what he was admitting to but at least I was getting the truth.

"And let me guess. You also thought I was lying when I told you all those things?" I continued, as I stopped leaning on the door way. My arms still crossed.

He nodded again with the same expression on his face as I sighed.

"You really think I'd do that?"

"No! It was me living in denial for the first part of it but then we had that argument at the table where I brought up 'the plan' and you asked me how I knew about 'the plan' and I thought that meant that what Ella said about you making a little alliance with her really was true," He rambled.

"Billie that wasn't the plan, the plan was-"

"-I know what the plan is now,"

"And how did you come to this big realisation?"

"I saw you kiss Caleb," He began as I cringed at the thought. "And in honesty I was jealous, so I walked back into the house party. Miles must've spotted me because he wouldn't stop pestering me to tell him what was up. In the end I was sat on the bathroom floor with the guy telling him that I was jealous. Then everything started coming out that Ella was still seeing Miles and she's cheating-"

"-Billie... I'm so sorry I-"

"-No that's not all. That Ella is seeing Miles and me. So we both found that out, Miles admitted that he kissed Ella so I knew it wasn't just a lie and I told him what Ella said to me and he said that wasn't a plan of yours and you did that for yourself. So I realised and I freaked out. I drove all the way to your house to apologise to you because I don't wanna lose my best friend and I don't wanna lose everything we had and I shouldn't of done everything I did. I was wrong to leave you for so long with no answers but it was all I knew how to do." He finished. Seeming so tired and exhausted as he apologised to me. "I'm sorry Phelia,"