[28] Blue paint

"That's the thing Charlie," Tre sighed shoving his head into the sofa cushion he held in his hands annoyed.

"I don't understand?" Charlie asked confused, looking away from Tre who sat behind her on a recliner and at Mike and I on the sofa. Since Charlie was sat on the floor.

"All you need to understand is. They kissed and now he won't talk to her," Mike summed up, obviously not giving up trying to explain things to Charlie.

"But why?" She asked looking over at now me.

I shrugged awkwardly smiling. "Wish I could tell you, but honestly I don't know myself,"

"What did your mom say when you left dinner at the Armstrong's the other night by the way?" Mike asked me.

"She went mental at me when I got home. She screamed at me, shouted at me. And kept asking what's going on between me and Billie, I just told her I didn't want to talk about it and now she's going through the 'I'm ignoring you' thing,"

"She's doing that again?" Tre asked.

Mike and Tre, obviously being my best friends from childhood, knew my mom just like I did.

When she was so angry and I was being difficult, she would go through a huge phase of ignoring me. Only talking to me when she needed to and when she did it was blunt and rudely.

"Indeed she is Tre, I ditched dinner after having an argument with Billie at the table and-"

"-Wait," Tre said interrupting me. I paused with my explanation looking at him confused. "Why didn't you just go through with my plan?"

"Are you joking? Hiding out in the bathroom? That's ridiculous,"

~

"Dare me to throw a pencil at his head?" I laughed to Mike holding the coloured pencil in my hand.

"Don't do that." he laughed back snatching the pencil out my hand.

I sighed sadly before picking another one up, only for it to be taken out my hand again.

Billie had moved away in art. He now sits on another table... just on his own.

He sits with his headphones in... surprisingly quiet. Only just tapping on his desk every once in a while. And it's so much more irritating when you already don't like the person.

Least to say our art teacher was as I quote 'very proud of Billie Joe' for all the work he's been able to do since being moved. Meaning she now had more reason to hate Mike and I, since she believed we was bad influences.

"It's fine, I'll splatter paint at him instead." I shrugged picking up the bottle of blue paint that Mike and I had on our table.

"No you won't I need that!" He said snatching it out my hand.

"Then what can I throw?"

"Erm... nothing?"

"I'll just throw my book,"

"Do you really dislike him that much? I thought you loved him?"

"I do,"

"Which one?"

"...Both,"

"Hey are you using that blue paint?" A voice asked from behind me.

I turned around in my seat to see Caleb stood over me, looking down waiting for my reply.

Perfect.

"Actually I'm-"

"-No we aren't using it." I smiled cutting Mike off. As I quickly snatched it off the desk before he had time to grab it. "Would you like to use it?"