Chapter 6

Flashback

Tsukishima POV

I have been give the task of picking up the alcohol that Sugawara-san's friend has set aside for him.
I hate this shop. Too many memories with him.
I wanted to refuse for the same reason but the cons of doing so were greater.
I reach the shop and am immediately pulled aside by a person who shoves a package in my hand and pushes me out the shop.

I recheck it incase it was anything other than alcohol cause I would nope out of it.
One of them was a standard bottle of sake and the other was gin I believe.
I started to make my way towards the address I had written on my hand while thinking what had happened just after swim practice.
I was walking home and the other guys from the swim team had just parted their ways when I saw Kiyoko-san staring at the signal.

It turned green and still she did not move.
Her face had creases as if she was thinking about something really hard. Could it be because of Yachi?
Should I approach her and say something? Not that I think that anything I'd say would help, but who cares?
" Kiyoko-san! " I call out to her.
She is still in a trance.
I wave my hand in front of her face which seemed to have worked.

" Oh! Tsukishima, hello. "
"  Hello. The light turned green. "
" Yeah. I am just worried about the thing, you know. "
We start crossing the road.
" Say Tsukishima, what if they chose each other? What would you do? "
" Sulk after reaching home, I guess. "
She laughed a bit. That seemed to lighten the mood.

" Kiyoko-san I don't think you should worry as much. I know you like Yachi a lot. If she knew any better, she would have already chosen the right one. "
" Thanks Tsukishima. I still want to get her flowers. You will be going to the party  a bit late right, meet be near the market, okay, I have a few questions. Bye. "
She banked left and left me alone.
Did she know that I have to go right next and leave her?

That was the most I have seen her speak.
She did look hopeful.
Was that a bad thing or good?
I don't think going off in a tangent is going to help.

Anyway, the market is getting closer and I start looking for my senpai.
I see a girl standing with a bouquet of flowers. Should be her.
I approach her and she spots me too.
" Was I too late? "
" No. I too just got here. "
" You wanted to ask me a few questions?"
" Yes. So here it goes. What should my reaction if they get together? "

I laugh and say, " I am the last person you should be asking that. "
" At least tell me what is appropriate. "
" Probably just congratulating them and trying not to make them feel bad. At least Yamaguchi is very sensitive. "
" Do you think they should get together? "
" If that is what makes him happy then sure. "
" I don't want them to get together but I too want what is best for her. Okay. My last question. Do you think they will last?"

That question surprised me.
Sugawara-san's house was just around the corner.
" I don't think so. They are both too soft. "
" Oh! So, will you try again? "
" I thought that was your last question. "
" A follow up question. Now answer me. "
" No. "

Kiyoko POV
What the heck was that 'no' supposed to mean.
No as in he won't answer me, or no as in he won't pursue Yamaguchi.
The door was kept open so that we could enter.
I pushed it open only to see those two kissing. I looked over to Tsukishima doubtful whether he knew about Yachi's method of finding out who she wants to date.

He did look surprised but stayed put as if to know what this was about and not to jump to conclusions.
I like that in a person. If only I were not attracted to specifically girls.
Damn.
Since their kiss was the last thing I would want to observe, I kept looking at Tsukishima, to see his reaction.
He just raised his eyebrow, leaned over to me and asked, " Is it supposed to go on this long? "

Then it hit my mind that it had been quite some time since we entered.
I looked over at them.
That was a mistake.
They only got more into it and it hurt.
I think I had already started crying when Tanaka and Nishinoya came over asking me something which only made me very more.
I think Kinnoshita asked them to stop and that was when they pulled apart to see us.

I could see how sad Yachi looked but how could you not expect me to cry.
I gave her the flowers that I handpicked from my garden, nothing much.
I quickly left after that.
I found myself back outside the market and I decide to just sit on a bench.
I think I should start to get over Yachi but how could you just ' get over ' someone who you liked and waited for so long?

I see the tall ass middle blocker going home and call him over. I am letting him get away easy. He already looks like he is over Yamaguchi.
" How? " I ask him.
He looks utterly confused. I get that.
" How do you look so calm? "
" Okay. I know that this is a bad comparison but whenever my mother gets a new boyfriend that I don't like, I just wait it out. Every time it does not last. This is the same. I can feel it. It is not going to last. "

" You sure. "
" As sure as my intuition can be. I am not Tendou Satori after all. "
" Don't raise my hopes and crush them, especially at this time. "
" You called me over. I was just gonna ignore you an go home and sulk for half an hour. "
"Just half an hour. "
" I just apply logic. Since I am the second choice, the relationship would not have been as fruitful. A not so fruitful relationship deserves not more than half an hour. "

" You can go now but what did the ' no ' mean? "
" Not try again at all. I'd be over him by then. "
He had barely finished the statement before he left.