Chapter 10

Kiyoko POV

I am taking Yachi out. With our friends of course.
Can't have her thinking that I am treating this as a date.
I obviously don't want to purposely break her up with her boyfriend, but, I just want to show her that I appreciate her existence more.
I have the whole thing planned.

First, we will go on the Ferris wheel. It won't be too crowded in the start.
Second, we will eat.
Third, we can play a few games after which I am pretty sure that she will get tired of the crowd and will want to leave.
We will go to the park for a walk.
It seems pretty platonic, right?
I really hope she enjoys it.

Yachi POV

A few of us including Kiyoko-san are are going to a small fair. I am so excited.
It is not too often that such fests are held in Miyagi.
I am sure that I will enjoy it and be safe because Kiyoko-san will be there.
I am currently waiting at the gate of the apartment complex that I live in.

Ooo. I see them coming. Everybody looks so pretty. I won't let anybody go without taking pictures with them.
I feel so overwhelmed now that we have reached the fair.
Lights are hung everywhere and the smell of food is just amazing.
Kiyoko-san started dragging me towards the Ferris wheel and suggested that we should go there first because it won't be too crowded now.

The sun was setting so I could not let this opportunity slip.
I sat in the cart with Kiyoko-san and although we did not stay at the top for too long it was amazing.
We then ate some sashimi and maki. It was unnaturally tasty.
After this we all agreed to play a few games and even set up a competition as to who wins the most prizes.

I obviously paired with Kiyoko-san because she is the most athletic and strong.
But by this time the music had already started to hurt my ears.
I was proud that I managed to win a couple of games but, sadly, in the end we did not manage to win the competition.
I had started to become very anxious by this point and I wanted to leave and I guess Kiyoko-san sensed that and told rest of the group that we will be leaving.

I told her that I could stick around for a little more while but she was not having any of it. I like that she cares about her kouhais so much.
We had now reach the park near to where I live. It even had a  big pond that I liked to sit by.
We were just walking around and talking about everything and nothing.
" You can call me Shimizu if you want to. I think we are close enough for that. "

" Wait. Really? "
" Yeah, sure. "
" Yes. I have to tell Tadashi. We had a bet. "
" What bet? "
" Who would be the first one to be on a first name basis with a senpai. "
" You win I guess. "
" I do. "
She just chuckled and mumbled something under her breath.

I asked her as to what she said and she just laughed it off.
Hmm.
Suspicious.
It had started to get late and she offered to drop me off. I only let her because my house was on the way to hers.
She quickly left after we reached my home. She usually stays and talks for a bit but I guess she had to urgently go home.

Kiyoko :
This is Tsukishima Kei's number right?

Tsukishima :

Yes. But do I know you?

Kiyoko :
Sorry. This is Shimizu Kiyoko.

Tsukishima :

Hello Kiyoko-senpai. Can I help you?

Kiyoko :
Don't be so formal. I just wanted some advice.

Tsukishima :

I do have to ask this.

Out of all the people you know, why me?

Kiyoko :
I have no idea but you seem the most appropriate.

Tsukishima :

What is the situation?

Kiyoko :
Nothing much. I just took Yachi out on a platonic date.

Tsukishima :

What‽

Kiyoko :
I know what it seems like. But it was platonic.

Tsukishima :

For her. You will be hurting yourself because of this.

Kiyoko :
I just don't want her to date Yamaguchi for the three weeks of school I have left.

Tsukishima :

I understand that but it should be on her terms. You should just wait a little bit more.

Kiyoko :
But it is only less than a month left.

Tsukishima :

You have your vacation before joining college, don't you?

Kiyoko :
That is if she decides to date me even if they break up.

Tsukishima :

Again, according to me, there is nothing much you can do.

Kiyoko :
I understand. Thank you. I needed that.

Tsukishima :

Sure. No problem.

Daichi POV

It is the second last day before we leave to Tokyo for the practice matches.
Suga has called me over to his house for a sleepover.
We are both very tired because we have been training in a rigorous manner  for the past few days.
I was going to complete my remaining assignments.

He called me up to tell me that we could watch a few movies and basically cool down.
That sounded too good to just let the offer go.
We decided to order take out so I would be picking it up on my way.
I wonder what movies he picked out.
I hope there is at least one Star Wars movie.