Chapter 16

Kenma POV
Everyone was acting weird.
Akaashi was crying a lot because of a boy who is a dumdum.
What did he expect?
Tsukishima is acting like a protective friend.
Not like him.
Kuroo who is usually very aware of his surroundings was lost in his own dream world like the actors do in movies.

Surprisingly Bokuto was the only one acting like himself.
Which was until last night.
Today he was in the corner, not talking to anyone and mumbling words instead of screaming everything.
If I were anyone else, unaware of the series of unfortunate events that took place yesterday, I would be worried about all of them.

But I am not.
We obviously reach the destination on time unlike Karasuno who are always a bit late.
But we only have one Yamamoto and one Lev instead of multiple characters.
All of us are standing outside to greet the countrymen.
I can already hear Shouyou arguing with their setter.
It has been long since we met.

Kageyama POV
When we reached, Hinata pushed me aside and jumped to greet the Nekoma setter.
I cursed at him and stood alongside Tsukishima, like I usually do because he is the only one who does not act lovey dovey with someone.
The schools aligned and bowed to each other and most of the players ran inside, eager to play.

I am part of this group.
While all of us started to warm up, Tsukishima left me alone and went to Fukurodani's ace.
Rude.
I noticed the fry looking more intimidating than usual. They said a few words to each other and Tsukishima pushed the guy towards Fukurodani's setter.

Is setter and spiker couples a thing now? Because almost all setters have boyfriends now.
Even Oikawa-senpai got Iwazumi-senpai to date him.
I am the only setter I know who is not dating people or does not have some or the other person interested in them.
Tsukishima came back and continued the warm-up.

Tsukishima POV
The practice went well.
Fukurodani especially played well because Bokuto-san was unnaturally hyped.
Unsurprising, Akaashi-san said that he would give him another chance.
Surprisingly, Kageyama came up to me,
" Why am I the only setter who does not have a love interest? "

" Because you are somehow even more emotionally unavailable than me. "
" I have feelings. "
" Turns out you have to express them and shit. "
" Oh! "
Did he not understand the sarcasm?
" Did I also mention that you are a tube light? "
" A what? "
" Nothing. "

Akaashi POV
After apologizing for his stupid reaction yesterday, Bokuto-san asked if we could go on a date tonight.
I said no.
My friends were over.
I am going to hang out with them.
Teasing people face to face is more fun.
Especially that I am safe from Kei's accusations that I am a coward.

Kenma POV
I usually hate going to crowded places and my dear friends know that and they have settled for a video game night.
I appreciate them a lot.
Hinata wants to go to he carnival with the rest of his team.
Apart from that, I was happy.
I knew that they were going to torment me to the death of my in-game avatar.

Tsukishima POV
The practice was boring.
I wanted to go to sleep fifteen minutes in.
Kuroo-san and Bokuto-san kept trying to rile me up, but to no avail, I have a strong will.
For some reason Kuroo-san seemed to want to get a reaction out of me.
Was I going to give him the satisfaction?

No.
Did I want to jump him, then kiss him, then pull his head off?
Yes. Yes, I did.
He was especially attentive to me for the WRONG REASONS.
I told this to Akaashi-san and he asked me if I was sure.
I mean the most used words in our conversation were block, hands, ball, spikers and eyes...

" I think we should switch teams. "
" Making an actual attempt at wanting to get closer to the Sun, huh? "
Akaashi-san whispered, " Be careful, the wax might melt off. "
" Why are both of you already on my back? "
We shared a look when he said, " I am not letting you go either. "
Shit.