Chapter 5

The team stares at me intrigued and confused at the same time. I didn't even know who this person was.

"Are you sure you don't know anyone that would do this?" Nova looks at me.

"I'm positive. I have no idea who this is."

"Think Y/N!" Greg raises his voice.

"Greg!" Nova turns to him.

"Sir I don't-"

"Whoever you hurt is now hurting others. Who is it?!"

"Greg don't-" Cece tries to interrupt.

"I told you already I-"

"You caused all this!" Greg gets really close to me, a few centimeters away. I was now terrified of this man if I wasn't enough already.

"Think Y/N!-"

"Cmon dude chill-" Calum says.

"There's this girl!" I yell back.

"Name?" His voice is softer now. Greg really got this one out of me.

"I-I can't remember."

"Y/N. You're the only one that has this info and I need it. You're the only one that can stop this." Greg slowly backs away. I close my eyes and try to think.

"I have a vague memory. I think her name started with a B. She sort of match the description. She had blond hair with the same face, but she didn't wear baggy clothes or anything. She was more....normal. I'm sorry, that's all I can remember."

"What happened?" Nova looks my way. The rest of the team look at me attentively.

"Senior year of high school. She-she said she liked me. A lot. She wanted to ask me out but I had a boyfriend at the time so I rejected her...." Greg nods.

"What happened after?"

"Word got around. My friends shamed her. Called her a dyke. The rest of the school treated her like shit because of it. She didn't have friends to begin with. After all that, it got worse for her. Everyday, people would verbally abuse her. She got bullied for being gay, but little did everyone know, I was S/O (sexual orientation). I didn't get treated the same way because no one knew, but I felt terrible and I wanted to help her, but I couldn't bring myself to it. She'd look at me with a disappointed face everyday, and I knew I hurt her, badly. She ended up transferring, then moved out of the neighborhood."

"She blames you for everything that's happened to her. That's why she started to kill women that look like you. They're all surrogates for you Y/N."

"I...I guess so..." I look down in guilt. Cece rubs small circles on me back.

"Hey it's alright. We'll catch her. I promise." I look up to her, and she smiles.

I see Greg pull out his phone and dial a number. He then puts it on speaker.

"Ruth we need your magic." Nova starts.

"What can I do for you lovelies?"

"Find anybody in Y/N's senior year class. Females matching the description starting with the letter B."

"I'll hit you back when I find anything." She hangs up.

The detective walks up to us with a blunt look.

"We found Angela."

"Where?" Spencer says. The chief doesn't say anything. We all knew what that meant.

"I'll go to the crime scene." Meghan says. Ian and Calum follow while the others stay.

Greg receives a call and he picks up, putting it on speaker.

"You got anything Don?"

"I'm sorry sir. Nothing."

"Probably because she transferred. Her names out the system." I shrug.

"Reagan, Nova, head to Y/N's school and ask around. Maybe we can get a name." They nod and head out.

"Sir don't you think I should go?" I look up at him.

"Y/N you're now a target. We can't risk losing you."

"But sir-"

"Don't argue with me." He furrows his eyebrows.

"Understood." I look down.

A random officer comes in and hands Greg a piece of paper.

"One of Angela's friends spoke with a sketch artist." Greg shows me the paper.

"That's her..." I widen my eyes.

"I'll get the picture out to the press." Spencer takes the sheet and walks away.

I was shocked, confused, and guilty. This person started murdering innocent people because of me. I caused this. And there wasn't anything I could do about it but catch her.

In some weird way, I felt sort of...attracted to her. I mean, she was gorgeous.

Y/N you're disgusting. You can't like a serial killer. You dumb idiot. The hell is wrong with you?

I shake the thoughts out of my head and get back to work.

—————————————————

Two chapters in a row 🥴