Chapter 30

Nova's POV

We finally make it to the most recent crime scene. I see police cars surrounding the small area where the latest body was. Yellow police tape crossed out a small part of the road.

I slowly walk up to the body, crouch down to its level, and inspect it carefully.

I stare at the hole in between his eyes. How could someone be so heartless. Especially someone as young as Billie.

Granted, this dude was probably going to die sooner or later, but it didn't have to go down like this.

"She aimed it pretty dang good." I hear someone chuckle from the distance behind me. I turn my head and see Reagan slowly walk up to me and bends down to my level.

"She did didn't she?" I scoff and get back up.

"Apparently he didn't suffer much so there's that at least." She lightly chuckles.

I pull out my phone and dial Ruth's number.

After a few rings, she picks up.

"Hello Nova. What can I do for you?" I instantly hear the clicks from her keyboard.

"Can you give me MacQuoid's license plate? We could use it to track down Billie and Y/N much quicker."

Ruth quickly types the keys and drags her words.

"Uh....give me on second...." she continues to click or whatever.

"Oh...interesting..." she starts.

"What Don?" Reagan replies.

"The car MacQuoid owned was a 77 Ford F-250 Highboy with the license plate 8U32923."

"That's a pretty old car. You sure?" I ask.

"Positive."

"Thanks Ruth." I hang up and quickly turn to Reagan, who had a smug look on her face.

"We need to talk to the press. Maybe someone will run into the girls with the car." Reagan nods and we head back to the team.

Greg sees us walk towards him and he begins to do the same, meeting us in between.

"Got anything?" He raises an eyebrow.

"We have a license plate." Reagan says. I nod and Greg's annoyed look quickly fades into satisfaction.

"Good. We need to get that out asap." We nod and all head back to the bureau.

Time skip...

As we get out of the SUV's, news channels make their way up to us once again.

The team and I make our way to the entrance of the building, getting ready for another public briefing.

"Is there any new information about the case?" A woman brings up her microphone all up on me.

Don't these people know about personal space? Damn.

"We may have something, but we need everyone's help out there." The woman furrows her eyebrows, obviously intrigued.

"Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell stole a car and shot a man shortly after taking his car. If any of you see a Ford F-250 Highboy with the license plate 8U32923, contact us immediately. We want Y/N to come back safely and as soon as possible. Thank you." I pull back from the microphones and walk inside the building, where the rest of the team was.

"How'd it go?" Calum asks.

"Same old same old. Like always." I shrug.

"I hope we find Y/N fast. I don't know how we'll function without her." Ian chimes in. We all nod in agreement.

"It's been a long day. You all should get some rest." Greg mentions.

"But you said we wouldn't until we got her back?" Meghan replies.

"I think we all need a little bit of time off. Remember, there are other people working the case as well." We all refused to abide, but we knew it'd be best.

"That's an order. See you all in the morning." Greg says and quickly leaves the building. We all sigh and head our separate ways.

I go home to take my mind off things and distract myself the rest of the evening.

—————————————————

Sorry for being inactive I'm losing so much inspiration and motivation for this book but I'm determined to finish this for y'all so... 👁👄👁

btw thank u for 8k I luv u k bye 👋🏼