Chapter 7

It was now the next morning. Me and Cece wake up to the loud annoying alarm on the nightstand.

"I can't stand doing this everyday but I love my job." Cece groans and complains. I just chuckle and stretch as I get up from the bed.

I head into the bathroom and Cece follows, we do our daily routine and head out to change. As we get our clothes, several knocks echo the room.

"I'll get it." I walk towards the door, Cece behind me. I open the door and see Greg standing on the other side.

"Good morning sir."

"Are you guys ready? The rest of the team is downstairs."

"Almost. We'll be there in a few." I smile and close the door. Cece and I rush to get our things ready and we head out and downstairs to the main entrance.

"Good morning guys." Cece says to the group who were all standing there with large cups of coffee.

"Ready to get this over with?" Meghan says.

"Yep." I reply. We all separate and go into the SUV's, and head to San Francisco PD.

I drive while Cece and Nova were with me, like always, and then someone's phone rings.

I see Nova pick up and put it on speaker.

"Talk to me Ruth." He smiles.

"Hold on let me pitch in the rest of the gang." I hear multiple beeps and everyone else joins.

"What's up Don?" I hear Greg on the line.

"I was just told there was another murder. Nineteen year old Roxanne Doyle. Beaten and choked, then stabbed through the heart with an arrow."

"She's on a spree. We're wasting more time. We need to catch her fast." Calum says on the other line.

"Meet us at the PD as fast as as you can." Greg says then hands up."

After quickly driving, we make it back to the PD.

Nova, Cece and I walk in and find the rest of the group. Greg then turns to all of us and begins to speak.

"Here's how the plan will go. Y/N will be at the university of the victims, and the unsub will be watching her. Maybe she'll even approach. As she gets closer to Y/N, SWAT will close up on the unsub and arrest her. Got it?"

We all nod in agreement and comply with the plan. Then, the phone in the middle of the table of the small room rings.

Spencer presses the button that answers on speaker, and Ruth's voice echoes the room.

"So I did a background search on our suspect Billie and she seemed like a normal girl until she transferred out of Y/N's school."

"What happened?" Ian says.

"So Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell was homeschooled until 9th grade. She was a normal kid. She had good grades and did well, she was pretty lonely though. Not many acquaintances. She reported being bullied several times but the school did nothing about it. Apparently after the transfer to her new school she started hanging out with some pretty bad people. She got arrested for gang affiliation and petty theft. She eventually dropped out several months before graduating. She actually got out of jail a couple weeks ago."

"So what if what happened to her before was the stressor?" Reagan says.

"Then she found out Y/N was an agent somehow, that could be the trigger." Spencer replies.

"That explains everything leading up to this point." Meghan chimes in.

"So is everyone ready to proceed with the plan?" Greg says. We all nod and head to the university.

—————————————————

If you're still reading this book... I love you 🙈