Chapter 23

Back at the Bureau...

Nova's POV

I walk out of the elevator of the building and pin my eyes on an annoyed Greg with the rest of the team. They all turn to me with a disappointed look in their expression.

I awkwardly walk up to them with shame overwhelming me. I feel like everything is my fault.

"Uh....hey guys." I quietly spit out.

"You okay?" Reagan says.

"I know you guys are mad at me but-"

"Who said we were mad? We all just want to get Y/N back. This is no one but Billie's fault." Ian interrupts. Those words instantly made me feel less guilty, but I still couldn't stop thinking about this morning, and last night.

The thoughts have been constantly lingering through my head and it's giving me a headache. Why couldn't Billie leave Y/N alone? Why did she have to follow us all the way from California to Virginia? Is she obsessed or something. I don't understand.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by Greg's stern voice.

"Did you touch anything in the house? It's now a crime scene."

"No sir."

"Then we should head over now. This is now an active investigation and we will not rest until Y/N is safely back." The team attentively nod and we all proceed to head to Y/N's loft.

The car ride over there was silent. Awkward. Uneasy. I got this feeling that everyone was pointing fingers at me. Mentally blaming me, I couldn't help but wonder if they were having mixed feelings about me now.

I just stared at the window, isolating myself from the others in the vehicle.

Next thing I know, I find myself and the rest of the team on the doorstep of the small apartment. There were already crime scene photographers in the house, and the team and I head in.

I quickly make my way to Y/N's room, hoping to find something useful, to better my reputation at least.

As I walk around Y/N's bed, I see Spencer walk in from the corner of my eye. He immediately gazes his attention towards me, I sigh in guilt, and continue to look around.

"You doing alright?" I hear him from the distance.

"I'm okay I guess." I answer, not really intrigued in making conversation at the moment.

"It's not your fault Nova, we don't blame you either." I quickly furrow my eyebrows.

"Wait. How did you-"

"I'm Dr. Spencer Reid Nova. I studied behavior." He chuckles.

"Oh yeah, right. I forgot. I hate when you profile me." I small smile plasters on my face, getting my mind off of the thoughts that were built in me.

I see Spencer walk toward Y/N's nightstand with a confused look on his face, and I crept up beside him, curious as well.

There were two drawers, they looked pretty normal to me, but to Spence, it was otherwise.

He opens the first one, and it looked normal, a few things were scattered around and he closes it, then gets to the second one.

Spencer tried to open the second drawer but it doesn't budge.

"The hell?" He whispers and turns to me, I shrug my shoulders in confusion.

"Maybe there's a lock somewhere. Like a hidden one?" Spencer nods and we looks around the nightstand and inspect it carefully.

He places his hand under the drawer and his eyes slightly widen when he feels something.

"There's a keyhole under here." I lean down and look under the drawer, only to find that one keyhole.

"Where's the key though?" Spencer asks.

"Not sure." I open back up the first drawer and rummage through the small mess inside.

Nothing.

I then roam around the insides of the drawer, and then the top. I immediately felt something cold, and I pull it out.

The key was in my hand. It was stuck to the top from a magnet inside.

"This must be it." I turn to Spence.

I lean back down and under the night stand and bring the key towards the hole that was beneath. The key perfectly makes its way into the opening, and I turn it, hearing a loud 'click' before opening the drawer.

Spencer and I look inside, only to be more confused. A small box was placed in the middle, nothing else.

I slowly bring my hands up to the small object, and I lift the top off. There was nothing but a small flashing light of some sort. I turn to Spencer, and we both stare at each other, still clearly puzzled.

"What the hell is this? And what is it doing in Y/N's locked drawer?" I ask.

"Hold on a sec. Can you hand me her phone?" Spencer reaches his hand out. I get Y/N's phone and hand it to him, and he takes it rather quickly.

"What are you up to pretty boy?" I chuckle.

"It's a tracker." Spencer shows me   Y/N's screen which showed a picture of what seemed to be a necklace, and a small point on the map.

"She knew something would happen to her." I say.

"But I've never seen her wear it before." I raise an eyebrow.

"So she keeps the necklace locked, and when she feels unsafe she wears it just in case."

"Y/N knew exactly what was going to happen."

"Now we know how to find her."

—————————————————

I feel so motivated to update but not motivated to write 😬😬