Chapter 9

We make it back to PD and I sit myself on a chair in the room we were working in. I see a young woman walking towards my way with a small envelope. I raise an eyebrow and receive it, then rip it open. I pull out another card, the team comes in with confused faces. I look up at them nervously.

"Well?" Meghan starts.

"I had so much fun today. XOXO." I say.

"What's that all about?" Ian says.

"Oh um...not sure."

"Y/N? Is there something you're not telling us?" Greg stares me down.

"No sir." Greg looks at me, clearly not buying it, but dismissed the situation.

"Very well. We need to set a better plan to get Billie." Greg pulls out his phone and dials a number.

"How may I help you sir?" Ruth says on the other end.

"I need you to find an address for the unsub Don." Ruth types on her computer quickly, the clicking noises echoing from the other line.

"That's weird." She says.

"What's up?" Calum says.

"There's no home address for her. I have her parents but there's no documents of her living there either?" She continues to type of the computer.

"Maybe she's saying at a friends or something?" Reagan adds.

"It's a possibility. Y/N, Nova, head to her parents' house and try to get a lead on where to find her. The rest of you should stay here in case we get another victim."

Me and Nova abide and head out to the SUV. I was still dumbfounded from the incident that occurred earlier. I couldn't really focus right at this point.

I slowly make my way to the drivers side door and see Nova quickly block my way.

"Not so fast missy. You are going to sit on the passengers side. I'm driving." He smiles.

"Nova I-"

"No no no. You need to cool off for a little bit. I don't think it's a good idea to let you drive."

"Nova I'm fine. Seriously-"

"Y/N." Nova cuts me off once again.

"Alright. I'll sit in the passenger." I walk to the other side of the car and head in, Nova getting the drivers side.

The car ride was awkward. I was still processing what had happened before. I was surprised Billie made that move, but what shocked me most was that I didn't stop her.

"Y/N?" I quickly snap out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Wha-what?" I stutter.

"You okay?" He turns to me, then the road.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." I smile and look out the window.

The car ride comes to an end, and Nova and I find ourselves at the steps of Billies parents' house.

I sigh hesitantly before lightly knocking on the door.

I see a women who I assumed was Billie's mom slowly open the door. I lightly smile as she looks at us in confusion. Nova and I pull out our badges and she raises an eyebrow.

"Maggie Baird? I'm agent L/N and this is agent Jackson with the FBI."

"FBI? Is something wrong?" She raises an eyebrow.

"We'd like to speak to you about your daughter, Billie." Nova adds. Maggie furrows her eyebrows then slowly opens the door. We walk in and she leads us to her living room, and sits us down on a couch.

"What's this all about?"

"We're sorry to inform you out of the blue but your daughter is a suspect in a number of homicides around the area." Nova says. Maggie places a hand on her mouth and stares at us like we're crazy.

"My daughter? N-no she wouldn't. I-I can't believe it..."

"I'm sorry Mrs. Baird but she matches our description perfectly. We've even got confirmation through the victims and from her past." Maggie's eyes swell up in tears.

"Her past? How?"

"Did she ever mention anyone she had a crush on in high school? Specifically a girl?" Nova questions.

"Yes she did. She said she might of even been in love with her. I think her name was Y/N. Why do you ask?"

"Billie targeted college students who are studying criminology. They all want to be in the FBI like us. They also look very similar to Y/N." Nova hands Maggie pictures of the victims and she gasps in shock. She then turns to me and notices the similarities.

"Wait....you're Y/N?" Maggie still has her hand over her mouth. Her eyes were wide.

"Yes ma'am. I am." I look down in guilt.

"You broke my daughters heart you know..." She says quietly, her voice cracking.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Baird. This was never meant to happen."

"Do you know where we could find Billie?" Nova interrupts.

"I haven't spoken to my daughter in a while. I really have no idea. I'm sorry."

"It's alright ma'am. Thank you so much for the help." Nova smiles. I do the same and walk out the house with Nova beside me. We head to the car and drive back to PD.

—————————————————

Just yesterday we had like 200 reads and now 300? Thank you so much 😖