Chapter 20

A few months later...

I quickly make my way out of the jet, glad to be back from another case. It was a tough one, but we caught em.

I was exhausted, and was running on three cups of coffee, and five hours of sleep. Greg had given us a day off after this case, so I couldn't wait to get home.

The rest of the team follows after me and heads out of the jet, all looking sleep deprived.

"Is everyone ready?" Greg manages to say, a yawn escaping his mouth. The team nods and we all separate into two SUV's.

We drive back to the bureau and I head out of the car, and towards the entrance. The gang follows behind me, trying to catch up.

I take the elevator to our floor and head out, and to my desk.

"You're moving a little fast." Cece says as she walks to her seat.

"Just trying to get home early, and quickly. I need a nap." I rub my eyes. Cece rolls her eyes and chuckles, and begins working on her cases.

I fill in some files from previous cases, and our latest one for about an hour and a half before I hand them to Greg. I wish him a goodnight before grabbing my things and heading to the elevator.

"Y/N hold up." I turn around confused and see Nova quickly run to me.

"What's up?"

"Let me stay the night. Please?" I turn around and give him a bitch face.

"Nova are u serious? Tomorrow's my only day off and I really want to sleep in. I shake my head.

"Y/N pleeeeeeeeeeease." He pouts. I playfully roll my eyes at his actions and slowly nod my head.

"Alright. Let's go." I say and we both go inside the elevator, out the building, and to my car.

I head in the drivers side while Nova gets in the passengers, and I drive to my loft.

"So....you doing okay?" I hear Nova say.

"Um...yeah why?" I turn to him with a confused look then turn back to the road.

"I dunno you just seem... off. Out of it." He shrugs.

"I honestly don't know."

"Is the Billie thing still bothering you?"

"Yeah sorta. I've been having this weird feeling. Like a presence. I don't know. It sounds stupid." Nova chuckles.

"You'll be fine. I'm sure of it." He smiles.

We make it to my home and I head in while nova follows. I set my things down in the entrance and I run to my room.

"Fucking finally!" I scream.

I hear Nova laugh in the distance, and he walks into my room.

"Make yourself at home buddy. It's gonna be a long night." I smile and head to the bathroom.

I shower, get out, change, do my nightly routine, and head out of the bathroom, and to my bed.

I notice something on top of my pillow, and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I take a closer look, and notice an envelope.

Fuck.

"Very funny Nova!" I yell across the hallway to another room he was in. I snatch the envelope from the pillow and rip it open, and pull out a card. As I slowly read each word carefully, Nova comes in with a confused look.

"What I do?" I give him that bitch face look again and hand him the notecard.

"Fine ass." He chuckles lightly.

"That's not funny Nova. You're fucking weird dude." I cross my arms.

"Wait hold up." He raises his hand in front of my face.

"You think I wrote this? Girl you crazy. Can't deny the fact you are though..." he looks up at me and winks.

"Nova something is wrong with you." I raise an eyebrow.

"Y/N I'm serious. I didn't write this?" He looks at me. My eyes instantly widen when I realize who it was.

"Oh my fucking god." I cover my mouth with my hand.

"What?" Nova stares at me. A large breeze of air hits both of our bodies, and I see my window wide open.

"I never open the windows..." I turn to Nova. His face was still in a panicked expression.

"It's Billie." He whispers.

"She's back."

—————————————————

Dang y'all are fucked. I wonder what happens next 👀