Chapter 17

Nighttime was falling rather fast so I get my things together and head out of the building.

I run to an SUV outside and I quickly put on my vest and drive to where the team was at. I was finally getting a chance at catching Billie. And I was gonna be the one to put her away.

I quickly make it to the university and I see SUV's hiding in the distance, and I see the team waiting for me along with police and SWAT. I hide the car near the others and run towards them. They all had their vests on with their guns drawn out.

"Is everyone ready?" Greg says. We all nod and head inside the large school. I make my way forward and look around the hallways, making sure no one else was here. The rest of the team splits up and goes around the other areas.

I continue to make my way deeper into the hallways, clearing each class and dorm. Not going to lie, I was a little scared. The lights were dimmed and it was already dark outside, and I don't know what's out there. Each step I take I get more nervous, and I knew there was something lurking around here.

All of a sudden I hear light screams and whimpers, and I'm quickly alerted. I make my way around another large hall, and the screams get louder and louder.

"Shut the hell up or I'm going to kill you right here!" I hear someone whisper scream.

Must be Billie.

"Guys, I think I've got something." I say to my earpiece.

"Coming your way." I hear from Greg.

"I'll be there." Calum says.

The rest of the team also lets me know they're coming, and I make my way closer to the room the noises were coming from.

The sounds echo the hallway, and they get louder with every step I take forward. I see a dimly lit room, and I see two figures.

"Please stop." I hear a female say.

"Shut up!" The other one replies. I make my way closer to the door and I see the two women, back facing me. I crept closer to them with my gun out.

"Billie Eilish. FBI." I say loud and clear. I see the female turn round with her arm wrapped around the others chest, and she has a gun on her head. I see the other girl stare at me with fear in her eyes.

"Put the gun down!" I walk closer.

"Take another step and I swear this bullet is going through her head." Billie says bluntly.

"Cmon now. You don't want to do this."

I see the rest of the team appear behind me with their guns drawn out.

"Billie, put the gun down and let her go." Greg says.

"We know what happened between you and Y/N back then. That's all in the past now, you can't change that." Ian continues.

"Y/N embarrassed me in front of the whole school. You hurt me." She turns to the team, then at me.

"Billie I'm sorry for what I did back in high school. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. But no one deserves to die because of this. Let me help you." I slowly pull my gun back in and put it away.

"Look, I'm putting my gun away. Now let her go." I step closer to Billie. Her jaw clenches and her eyebrows furrow, her angry expression quickly fades when a gun clicks behind her. I see Nova with his weapon drawn out, pointing it to her head.

"There's no escaping this now." He says. Billie then removes the gun from the girls head and raises her hands up. The young woman runs towards the team, and I head to Billie with my handcuffs. Nova removes the gun from her hands and I pull her arms down behind her back.

"Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell. You are under arrest for the murders of four women in San Diego including
two in the area. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say and do will be held against you in the court of law. You have a right to an attorney, if you cannot afford one then one will be provided for you." (a.n idk what else they say lmao) I say as I cuff her wrists together. I walk her out of the building while the team follows, and I already see multiple people from different news stations running my way. I bring Billie to a police car and I place her inside, and shut the door.

I walk back to the team with a smile.

"Ready to go?" Nova says.

"Definitely."

"We should head out now. The press is coming towards us." Reagan says. We all quickly separate and head into the SUV's, and we drive back to the bureau. 

—————————————————

Bil released a sneak peak of the song a few minutes ago I'm gonna cry