Chapter 6

As I was looking at the board full of info, trying to piece things together, the team comes back.

"Billie Eilish." Reagan says walking up to me.

"Who's that?"

"The unsub." Nova replies. He turns to Ian, Meghan, and Calum who just returned. Greg and Spencer join in as well.

"We talked to her music teacher. Apparently she was the only one Billie went to when she was having a bad day. She said they're really close." Reagan interrupts. I felt bad, but that's all in the past now. I can't really change what happened. The name lingered in my head.

Billie Eilish. Her name was Billie Eilish.

"Well now we have to catch her before she murders anymore people." Spencer says.

"So what about the plan we were talking about?" Cece looks around.

"We can't do that. If we go through with it she'll probably take Y/N. She's now at very high risk of getting caught." Greg looks at me.

"Sir I assure you I got this. They'll be a lot of enforcement surrounding the area like Calum said right?" Greg raises an eyebrow.

"Look Greg, I want to be apart of this case. I want to be the one who arrests Billie. Let me get these victims families justice for once. This is my case after all." I give Greg a serious look. He sighs and hesitantly nods his head.

"Very well then. It's been a long day so we'll continue this tomorrow. You all need some rest. We have a long next few days to go." Greg nods reassuringly and walks out of the building. The rest of us split in small groups and head inside the SUV's, and to our hotel.

I was driving with Cece and Nova tagging along. It was a short drive, nothing too major. We make it to the hotel and check in.

"So like...where's my room?" Nova says as we make it to our hallway.

"Just pick one dude." I chuckle.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Goodnight guys." He waves. Me and Cece wave back with a smile. We head in to our shared room and get ready for bed.

I plop myself onto a bed, digging my face into it.

"So....Billie Eilish huh?" Cece says sitting in the other bed across from mine.

"I guess so." I say, the sheets muffling my voice.

"We'll have to be very careful. She can't get her hands on you, if she does then it's over."

"I don't get it though." I lift myself up from the bed and sit normally.

"Don't get what?" Cece raises an eyebrow.

"Did she do this because she was this obsessed with me or was it because I unintentionally embarrassed her in school?"

"No one knows but her babe. We'll figure it out sooner or later when we get her into custody. We just need enough time to make an approachable plan." Cece gets up and sits next to me with a smile.

"We'll catch her. I promise." Cece gets back up and grabs a change of clothes, and heads to the bathroom.

While she was changing I decided to quickly change right where I was, then head to bed. I needed to sleep and get this out of my mind for a little while.

Cece comes back out in her pj's and we both drift off.

—————————————————

Thank you so much for 100 reads! <3