Chapter 18

We were finally back in the building. The case was now closed, and I quickly finish up my notes about it on my desk in a folder and hand it to Greg, who finalizes it.

I sigh and make it back to my desk, having no other cases to fill out.

"You should go home." I hear from Nova who was sitting across from me.

"I would but..."

"But?" He looks at me with a questioning look.

"I don't know... I have a weird feeling right now. Like something bad is gonna happen." I shrug.

"Billie is locked away now. You'll be fine." He gets up and places his hand on my shoulder, squeezing it tight.

"I know but I just have a gut feeling. You know the one? I can sense something happening in the future Nova."

"I assure you that you shouldn't worry right now. Go home and get some rest." He smiles and walks away. I decide to take his advice and I pack up my things and head home.

Greg assured me I didn't need agents anymore so I head to my car and drive to my loft.

I still had a weird feeling about all this. It seemed like it all happened too fast. Like I caught Billie to fast. She made herself vulnerable and easy to catch. I don't understand why.

What matters now is she's locked up, and I'm left alone, for good.

I think.

I quickly make it inside my small loft, and head towards me room. I do my nightly routine and head to bed, tired from all of this stress.

—————————————————

A few days later...

—————————————————

"WAKE UP YOU BAFOON!" A voice yells through my ears.

"Owww what the hell Nova!" I grab my pillow and throw it at him, causing him to fall off the bed.

"Fuck Y/N you're gonna kill me. Get up dummy. We have to go to work." Nova came around a few hours after I had fell asleep and had stayed the night at my place, just to spend quality time together, like if we didn't do that enough at work.

"I don't wanna goooooo" I drag my words and stuff my head deep into the bedsheets.

"You leave me no choice." Nova jumps on top of me and gets off the bed, picking me up in the process. Then he throws me on the floor.

"Nova chill man!" I grab my head in pain. All Nova does is chuckle and hand me a pair of clothes. I take them and roll my eyes playfully, and head to the bathroom to do my morning routine, and change.

Nova drives us to the bureau, and we head inside, ready to fill in some cases.

I see Ruth rush to us as we make it out the elevator, and she grabs us by the wrist, then drags us to the briefing room.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"No time. You need to know this." She pushes us in the room where the rest of the team was, waiting patiently.

"What's going on?" Nova says as he sits down.

"Billie Eilish escaped." Greg stares at us.

What?!

—————————————————

So you thought the story was over? Or close to over? I'd never make such a short book for you guys 😌 Anyways I started writing chapter 22 to this book and idk where to go with it 😬 and it's Finneas's birthday 🥳