Chapter 14

The next morning I automatically felt better. I didn't feel so stressed anymore. I felt....normal. I get out of bed and do my daily routine. Change, and head downstairs.

I see the two agents in the living room peacefully sleeping. I make myself a quick breakfast, making sure I leave some for the others, and I go on about my day.

I was about to get ready for work when I realized, I can't.

I'm suspended. I forgot.

I don't know what to do in this loft honestly. There's nothing to do. I don't socialize outside of work and my only friends are my coworkers. My closest ones are Nova and Cece but I can't really hang out with them. And I'm pretty sure these agents want nothing to do with me.

I decide to go out for a coffee. That should distract me for a little bit. I quickly change and head for the door. I hear someone's voice before I do.

"And where do you think you're going miss?" It was one of the agents.

"I'm just going out for a coffee."

"Without us?" They raise an eyebrow.

"I'll be back as soon as I can. I'll be fine. I swear." I smile and head out before they speak again.

I walk down the street to the nearest cafe, and when I get to it, I head in. The warm smell of sweet bitterness fills my lungs. It felt good to have a full day to myself, with no distractions. If anything, I think I deserved it.

I head to the cashier and let the barista know what I want. She takes my order and I sit myself at a table waiting for my drink.

As I sat there, I felt a lingering presence nearby. I'm not sure if I was just overreacting or hallucinating, but I swear I felt someone watching me.

I'm probably just paranoid.

I wait a few more minutes then my name is called. I kindly thank the barista and I take a nice long sip, then head home.

I felt that feeling of being watched again. I don't know if it's just me but I was sure someone was following me. I decided to jog home, trying to get there as fast as I can.

I slowly but surely made it home. Thank god. I couldn't stand another minute there without having that weird feeling.

I walk up to my doorstep and see a small envelope in front of the door.

Fuck.

I look around the area, inspecting every piece of it, but see nothing.

I pick up the envelope and rip it open. Another card. I read it carefully.

You looked so cute today. xoxo <3

-B

This can't be.

Billie followed me all the way to Quantico, and now she knows where I live. I can't stay here anymore.

I quickly slam the door open and I see the two agents jump in fear.

"We have to go." I say quickly grabbing a bag and packing up small things in it.

"What's going on?" One of them says.

"She's here."

"Who's here?"

"Billie Eilish."

—————————————————

Oof the suspense 👀