Chapter 1: The Meeting

A box of takoyaki lay on a lime green picnic blanket. Placed beside it was a large bento box with rice balls, along with a basketful of donuts. From a glance the basket seemed to contain a small rainbow inside it with all the different icing, flavor, and color for each donut on display. The light of the sun was refreshing along with the soft winds of the coming summer. The trees swayed in the neverending breeze followed by the cloudless sky.

"Ah, it feels so good to have another picnic." Midori replied as she laid on the soft, slightly wet grass, but not before she stole a donut from the brown basket. "It's been two months----" she stuffed the donut into her mouth. "----since we all assembled. It's been so long and before we knew it...We missed all our chances for summer fun!" With a pout she punched the grass in desperation.

"That's not true." answered Moe as she admired a sprinkled donut in her hand.

"But, it didn't feel like we ever went to the beach or on vacation for fun!" Midori persisted again, standing up. "It's too late now. We all have jobs and we're grown adults."

Sora hugged her knees, bashful. "It was always my dream to make lots of fun summer memories."

Ayano turned to her, quite surprised. "You too? At least you could be around Bushi, Ashigaru, and your people to take care of."

Sora made a face. "But it's not the same! I wanted to be back here!" Moe could hardly believe at how Midori and Sora were roped up into this new ''summer memories'' trope so quickly, although it did make perfect sense why.

Two months. That was the difference since their long awaited reunion after twenty years. After an unbelievable adventure of fighting evil, monsters, and saving the world to which everyone already knew of, they had been forced to seperate from their partners and friends. Recently, thanks to an invention created by Hisako the group could meet again and travel back and forth as they pleased, but even making up twenty years worth of memories was no easy feat.

"You know the saying. 'Time doesn't betray dreams,' and vice versa." Hisako added happily as she stroked a sleeping Bushi by the ears as he slept in her lap. Midori squinted her eyes. "Does anyone even know what that means?"

Hisako's eyes were sparkling as she eyed her friends. ''In my opinion, it means that the time you spent working, puts you much closer to your dreams."

Midori and Moe realized what she meant while she spun a rainbow ribboned key between her fingers. "Both Earth and Sora's world are connected now. Sanji-san brings earthlings and your kind back and forth, right?" she turned to Sora who nodded.

''Yes, there have been lots of visits back and forth, along with new treaties for other countries on Earth that have accepted my world as an allied country. It helped that I was already an ally to the President of the United States and my world's representative as a monarch that everything went so smoothly." Sora and Ayano smiled. "We recently had a meeting with all the leaders for each country on Earth, didn't we Ayano?"

"Yes we did. Everyone was thrilled to see you." Ayano clapped her hands together. "My only complaint is the fact I have to wear my crown during the meetings. It's too heavy for my head." Sora pouted. "It bothers."

"Well you have a hard enough head. I bet you can handle it." Moe teased.

"It's good and all that you two get to spend for time together, government wise....." Midori nodded in approval, with slight agitation. "But, we need a new adventure!!" She stood up, fist raised.

Midori was exceptionally tall for a woman, and took full advantage of it. (She was in fact 180 cm, or 5ft 11 in)

"I suggest a vacation!"