Chapter 26: Crowning Glory

They were gathering, group by group. It wasn't long until they reached the others. The darkness had vanished and the group who had just waych Honor go to rescue her father looked to one another with the happiest faces they could muster.

"You did it!" Reina responded happily when Ninja, Spear, Katana, Arrow, Honor, Serpent, and Armor appeared before them, smiling from ear to ear in excitement.

"Yes." Honor beaming. "My father is safe in the Sky Kingdom with all the other monarchs..."

"That's good." Meiyui grinned, brandishing the sword for all to see, Honor was especially pleased. "You got out of your shell, didn't you very great grandma?"

Sanji looked quite agitated at the sight of the reunion, crossing his arms. "That's all good and well done, but we'll save the celebration until we defeat that..."
he was pointing at the scene in front of them at the horizon. There was Jikan-Senshi below them who was letting out negative energy. His face contorted in the ugliest way possible that even sent tremors into all of their spines from afar.

"Let's go..." Blade punched her right hand with her fist. "With all of us here we should be able to end it here once and for all."

They all nodded, but Spear hung back.

"Midori...?" Ashigaru spoke softly, and Spear clenched her fists, trembling. "I'm not back..."

Ninja and Arrow instantly turned around. Spear continued, her face strained and pale. "Even now I'm really pissed off!"

"Then why...?''

"I might be even more pissed off...But even more than that. I'm furious at myself for nearly losing my best friends over a fight!" Spear trembled even harder, she was bursting with anger.

"We know..." said Bushi.

"But I don't want you to just know." Midori eyed her, gritting her teeth. "If what he said while inside my mind is true then it should be me, who finishes him off. He's my alternative past life...He's what I'd become if my past self hadn't been human or Ashigaru by my side. I have to do something at it."

Dynasty nodded to her every word. "So many timelines...so many possibilities...both good and bad..."
"So you want to take the lead? I'm definitely not going to let you....You are definitely not my second-in-command either way!" she stuck her nose in the air, but failed to hide a smile, and Spear's eyes sparkled. The last verification, Hisako's rare tsundere side.

A voice cut of their thoughts and Reina's jaw dropped.

"What, what is it Coordinator?" Serpent asked incredulously, she never seen Reina that surprised before. "I know who Jikan-Senshi is looking at."
They looked downwards barely able to see the second person, their back to the cures.

Kokoro stroked her hair as she grinned. She stabbed her chest and ripped out her flesh and skin. Her hair which was a wig fell to the floor as it was replaced by dark scorpion hair. She was then wrapped in a cocoon that changed her appearance.

Blowing away the cocoon and dark flames away Kokoro flapped at her cloak, that was not Kokoro anymore. The long and agile body, dark figure, long piercing violet eyes, and tentacles confirmed that.

"Is that..." Ninja breathed softly, her voice barely a whisper as she clutched her heartin shock.
"Yes." Katana answered for her swiftly, narrowing her eyes, heart banging against her ribs. "None other..."