Chapter 27: The Saviors

Spear was running. As fast as she possibly could. She didn't have much time...
Breathing heavily, heart thumping loudly in her chest, she leaped further through the battlefield, dodging every attack headed her way. Jikan-Senshi, noticing her approaching fired as many beams of light as he could.

"I'VE ALREADY MERGED EVERY WORLD INTO ONE!"

Spear felt them coming towards her, until a bright blue blade stopped the clone in its tracks. It was Cure Blade.

"Protect Midori-san!" she called out. "Use your lives as shields!"

Armor, Serpent, and Dynasty looked up, nodding their heads. "Let's go, everyone!"

Flashes of pink, blue, silver-purple, and orange appeared by Spear's side. Jikan-Senshi, began firing madly around Spear. One of the beams of light missed her head, she felt the light swish of light. Again, the attacks continued, one headed for her stomach.

Blade slashed through every clone at rapid speed, making sure to destroy each and every single one. Blade side-stepped, kicked, twirled, and even back-flipped through the light.. She twirled her sky blue dagger menacingly at a group of clones, who tried to taunt her. Making sure to step back, her dagger grew ten times its normal amount. "Precure!! Fiery Blades!~" Blade swung downwards and the dagger broke apart the attacks. However, one of the beams of light hit her in the side.

"Aaargh!"

"Akemi-san!" Spear called out.

"Keep going! Protect Midori!" she called, before detransforming and knocked unconscious.

Spear gritted her teeth and forced herself to look forward. This time Jikan-Senshi slammed his burly fists on the ground. Spear was thrown into the air, losing her balance and falling fast. She felt the rushing of air hit her face, but someone clasped her hand tightly, summoning the silhouette of a dragon.

"Precure!! Dragon Years!~" Cure Serpent called out, before flinging Spear above her head and further into the air, away from the chaos. "Go! Don't worry ab-"
But Spear never managed to hear Serpent's words, they had been replaced by her screams.

Again, Spear shuddered, but forced herself to keep going. If she failed, their sacrifice would be in vain.
Jikan-Senshi's beams were on her tail, zipping back and forth, interlocking around her. Spear saw the beams transform into tiny glass-like beads. Millions surrounded her and little by little they began to explode like fireworks.

"Tck." Spear began to sweat, her heart in her stomach now. It wasn't because of the minature bombs around her that were going off that made her nervous, it was the eerie feeling blossoming in her chest. She shook her head to clear the feeling, not yet!

"Heroes always appear in the darkest of times..." Armor zipped beside her, a orange blur that annihilated all the glass beam fireworks in sight. "That's why Chiyori-san died, Precure!! Omega Karuta!~" she made excellent progress and made a clear and striaght opening for Spear.

"Thank you." Spear's voice cracked and Armor nodded. That's when all of the fireworks went off, creating a mass of explosions. The force was so strong that Spear went even further. She wanted to turn around, check if Armor was alright. That she hadn't...

"No time." Dynasty said beside her, slamming her sword against the light. "Do what you feel is right."

Spear was at a lost for words, until she realized who was telling her this. The legendary Precure who knew deep down, that sometimes, trusting her comrades wasn't good enough, in the end, the power they had been facing was too much to handle. This happened to all four of them. They had told Chiyori to stand back because of the dangers. But she had convinced them otherwise. To put their trust in her, and they did. She died protecting them all from Terran, leaving them with the guilt and grief for the end of their days.