Chapter 22 : Vibrant Sword

"How's the summoning going?"

Meiyui continued to pray as something exploded from the battlefield not far away from her. She flipped through the book earnestly. "Just a little longer."

"It's unbelieveable," Cure Blade replied as she sliced with precision, sweat beading from her brow. "that your very great granddaughter's father is responsible for the creation of these Black Rumors!" one aimed for her head, Cure Blade avoided it so narrowly that she felt it ruffle her hair as it passed.

Cure Serpent took it as her chance to slam her sceptor into it. Once it made contact, the Black Rumor turned to a muddy black and vanished. "Eww..." Serpent looked at her sceptor in dismay. "Is this mud?"

"Maybe." Cure Armor said, she slammed her fist into the Black Rumor and pulled it back out, making a face. "Definitely muddy enough."

The swarm kept on coming, but each cure, along with Reina obliterated each and every single one faster then they could reappear. They were determined to find Sora's father and bring an end to the Black Rumors spreading between universes.

They would meet up with their new friends. No matter what.

"Don't get distracted!" Dynasty replied while kicking Black Rumor after another. She made sure to avoid the trail of mud they were leaving behind. "We must reach the ex-king!" she saw a shadow ahead and raised her sword.

"Hold it!" Dynasty raised her voice. "Who are you?" she clasped the sword even harder.

The figure turned around.

"Princess Sora?"

"It's not." Meiyui confirmed for them. "It's a shadow."

Reina stepped forward and eyed the silent figure. It seemed like she had been painted in black and white. Or at least looked very goth-like.
The two stared at each other for a few moments until Sora opened her mouth,

"I...have no one I care for...Happiness and laughter...Loneliness and sorrow...
And all the other precious feelings...In a person's heart...
I have never learned them."

"Also made by the ex-king..." Reina nodded. "His feelings must be so strong that he's even managed to create this."

"My father doesn't love me...I have no one...
I do not know how to smile...Everyone I know...always die...in the end...
Such feelings...no one left..."

She began to repeat the same lyrics like a broken recorder. Reina casually waved a hand in front of her. "Out cold..." she turned to the others. "Perfectly harmless..."

Then she snapped her fingers. It was a faint click that seemed to reverberated in all of them. It prickled their necks, and a sickening feeling crept inside them. It felt liked their hearts had stopped beating.

For one, their surroundings faded away. Into the outskirts of a shallow beach.

"Oh, COME ON!" Serpent yelled annoyingly. "Where are we now?!"

Reina felt the ground, which crumbled at her fingertips. "It's sand."
"Come out wherever you are!" Serpent, redfaced, swung her snake sceptor around. "You coward!"

"I...have no one I care for...Happiness and laughter...Loneliness and sorrow...

Serpent flinched at the sound and whipped around, brandishing her sceptor. No one was there.

"And all the other precious feelings...In a person's heart..."

This time Cure Armor heard it, she punched the air around her, again nothing.
She kept repeating the words, over and over again, but they couldn't see her. None of them could.
That's when the waves sprang around them, trying to split them apart. Reina quickly snapped her fingers.