Back

All he could see was memories. Memories of him and Ladybug. But it wasn't Ladybug, it was Marinette. He could see the moment he found out, with that striped barette in his hands, delivered by Ladybug herself. He knew at that moment that he loved her as both Marinette and Ladybug. He remembered how she saved him from the akuma and from those memories, both the good and the bad.

He remembered Hawk Moth. He remembered his mother. He remembered his father. He could remember the dark basement beneath his own house that held his mother inside, after a year of grieving and believing that she was dead. He remembered those few moments that Hawk Moth tormented Chat Noir with the knowledge that he was Adrien, his own son.

He beat him physically and emotionally and then akumatized him. He made him kill Marinette, kill Ladybug. But in that moment, he had killed him too. If Marinette Dupain-Cheng was to die, then Gabriel Agreste was to die as well. He would kill him with his own bare hands. He wouldn't need to use his powers. Chat Blanc would find a way to have his precious Marinette back.

He heard Hawk Moth's voice again, " Chat Blanc, meet me at the Eiffel Tower."

Chat had to keep the brewing hatred out of his voice as he replied, " I'm coming, Hawk Moth." It wouldn't take long to get there, and in the meantime, he could figure out a way to fix his mistake.

Hawk Moth knew the powers of the Miraculous thanks to his book, and he already had a foolproof plan for success and it was greater than any other plan he had ever concieved beforehand. Riding atop a cloud of his butterflies, he made his way to the Tower.

He had no idea what he had unleashed upon himself and the world.