Promise

Blanc's face twisted into a wide, almost sadistic grin as the knife plummeted through the air. He was finally going to get rid of him. That nuisance would be out of the way at last. Nobody would be able to stop him from keeping Marinette all to himself. Never, ever turn your back to Chat Blanc.

His murderous glee was cut short as he felt a hand close tightly around his wrist. It was Marinette, her arm shaking as she tried to keep him from killing Chat Noir. It was clear from her determined, yet fearful expression that she wouldn't let her protector die. Blanc wrenched his hand away as Marinette stood up and said " As long as you claim to be a part of this team, I won't allow you to hurt Chat Noir." 

The black cat turned around, seeing the knife still clutched in Blanc's hand. Chat took out his staff, holding it at the ready. A low, animalistic growl surfaced from inside the demented boy. His body tensed, as if ready to strike. Blanc considered attacking again. Marinette stepped in front of Chat Noir, sheilding him. Her voice was firm as she said, " If you want to kill him, you'll have to kill ME first." 

Marinette could tell by how the knife lowered that her words had some effect. She didn't know if he even intended to kill her at all, but that didn't stop her from having to keep from body from trembling. He had just tried to stab Adrien, her Adrien, to death right in front of her. He would have made another attempt on his life had she not stepped in. 

Blanc let the knife fall to the floor, holding up his hands in mock surrender, " I don't want to kill you, Marinette. You're too precious to me."

Marinette remembered his seemingly endless love confession to her as he kept her pinned up against a wall. The deranged cat had even tried to kiss her then. She sucked in a breath, " You said that you loved me," she felt Chat Noir tense at the word 'love', " If that's true, you have to make me a promise."

" Anything for you, Marinette." was his reply.

" You have to promise that you won't hurt, or kill, Chat Noir as long as you want to be around me," Marinette held back the urge to shudder at her next words, " If you agree, I won't run from you anymore. I'll... I'll let you do with me what I let Chat Noir do. Hold my hand, hug me, just don't try to kiss me again." 

His smile returned as he held his hand out to her, " Why would I ever say no to something like that?"