Call

Adrien picked up his phone and answered the call, " Marinette? Is something wrong?"

" Adrien, is that really you?" He heard her voice from the other end. She sounded worried.

" Yes, it's me." Adrien responded, " Why wouldn't it be?"

He faintly heard the sound of someone banging on a door, then heard that door unlock and open. Then Marinette spoke again, " Where are you, Adrien?"

Adrien was confused, " I'm at the Louvre for a photoshoot, Marinette. Is everything okay?" when there was no response, he asked again, " Marinette, are you okay?"

He heard her again, her voice now firm and almost accusatory, " If you're at the Louvre, why are you standing right in front of me?"

There was a thick, heavy silence on both ends.

Adrien froze when he heard his own voice, " I really wish I didn't have to do this to be close to you, Marinette. But, it looks like I do." his heart almost stopped as the other voice said, " Plagg, claws out!"

Marinette's ensuing scream shook him out of his stupor, he hung up the phone and ran as fast as he could into an alleyway. So this is what Marinette was calling him about, and now God knows what was happening to her as a result. He opened his shirt and Plagg flew out, " All I heard was you and that awful cat screech. Whatever happened to that Marinette girl, you gotta go save her!" Plagg seemed genuinely worried, but Adrien could not tell why.

Adrien activated his transformation, changing into Chat Noir in a flash of bright green. He made his way as fast as he could to the school, looking around frantically for any sign of Marinette. Alya ran up to him, holding Marinette's phone in her hand.

" Chat Noir! That... that thing took Marinette! It looked like Adrien and when she exposed him, he changed into you and grabbed her!" she hyperventilated.

Nino was right beside her, comforting her, " He'd been acting weird all day, but he started getting really creepy around her."

Panic wracked Chat's nerves for a second, but he steadied himself to ask, " It's probably an akuma. Where did it go? Do you have any idea where it took her?"

" It went that way." Nino answered as he pointed toward an open window.

Chat wasted no time pursuing the kidnapper. He ran along the rooftops almost aimlessly, looking for any sign of his endangered friend.