Punished

Noir jumped back, startled. Blanc turned his head to face Noir, his smile getting wider as the rest of his body stayed shock still. A chill travelled up Noir's spine. Did he really look that creepy? 

" I might not be the only person who agrees with that statement." Blanc taunted, returning to his previous position, his smile locked in place.

Noir scowled, " What is your problem?" to which Blanc didn't respond. Noir clenched his fist. He got up from the day bed, adjusting his ring. Blanc continued to ignore him, he was listening to the quiet footsteps headed towards the stairs. Noir took a few steps towards him. Blanc dropped his pose and turned to him. He leaned a bit close and said with a low, growling voice, " I'll rip you limb from limb, Adrien Agreste. And once I do, I'll drag you down the stairs and make you watch every second of me killing Marinette. Very slowly and very painfully. You should have never let her trust me."

Noir's eyes flashed. His hands were around Blanc's neck before he could even think. Blanc was underneath him, choking. His head had been slammed on the desk. Noir felt his grip tighten. He had to protect Marinette. Blanc weakly struggled against it, overplaying his gasping for breath. Noir saw Blanc's eyes shift towards the room's entrance, and saw him fake a weakness in his arm as he slowly reached towards it. Noir turned to look, and froze when he saw Marinette standing there, hands over her mouth in terror. 

" Marinette... run..." Blanc whimpered, Noir's hands still closed around his throat. Noir let go, and Blanc slumped to the floor, lying still. Marinette stepped away from Noir, trembing. He reached out to her, but she recoiled. 

" You... You killed him... You promised me you wouldn't! You LIED to me!" she accused, her voice shaky.

" I-It wasn't me, Marinette," Noir started, still trying to get closer to her, " He-"

He was cut off by a harsh slap to the face, causing him to stumble back. 

" You're a murderer!" she shouted, " Get away from me! I should NEVER have trusted you!"

His eyes flickered between Blanc and Marinette. His heart snapped in half as her words cut through him and the pain from the slap still stinging. Noir did the one thing he'd always done, listen to Ladybug. He ran out of the room, tears burning hot down his face. Noir ran out of the bakery, and down the street. He stopped when he was across the street from his house. Noir adjusted his ring, looking around for a place to transform.

Marinette held Adrien close, tears streaking down her face. She weakly gave him a shake, " Adrien... Adrien please wake up..." she begged. She felt his hand place itself on her hip, and saw his green eyes open up. He reached up and cupped her face in his palm, smiling softly. His heartbeat slowed and his skin began to heat from her touch. She held onto his arm, leaning fully into his palm. Blanc wiped away her tears, glad to finally be rid of Chat Noir, at least for now. 

In these few fleeting moments, Chat Blanc had won.