Finally

Chat Blanc writhed and hissed as Chat Noir reached for his ring. He summoned a Cataclysm that hovered just over his hand, a promise of pain if he dared come too close. He was a desperate animal, trying to survive against odds its feral brain could not process through the rabid desire to survive. 

Chat Noir winced hard as his hand passed through the white ball of energy. His fingers clasped around the corrupted miraculous before he could lose all feeling in them. He pulled his arm away as pain overtook it, but he still held onto the ring. Chat Blanc went limp, Ladybug's yo-yo returning to her hand.

" Cataclysm!"

And that was all it took.

As the akuma fluttered out of the ring and above their heads, Ladybug snared it in her yo-yo. And for a second, she just stood there as the butterfly became pure and white again. Chat Noir turned to her, and both of them shared a moment of silence. The storm was over. All they needed to do was pick up the pieces. Ladybug lifted up the hand that held the imprisoned bug, letting it fly away. 

" Bye bye, little butterfly..." 

She turned her attention to the red beret. Ladybug wished she had never made the cursed thing. Her earring beeped, and she tossed it high into the sky.

" Miraculous Ladybug!" she cried, causing the ensuing burst of magic to scatter across the city. The dead woke up as if from a nightmare, whole and alive again. The fear and the panic lied on its deathbed, the danger and the death was gone. 

The ladybugs circled Chat, restoring him to full health. He took a step toward the superheroine, toward the girl he protected, toward the girl he loved. They both ran into each other's arms, holding one another tightly. Both of them started with soft sobs, slowly moving into full bursts of tears. 

" Adrien..." Marinette whimpered into his chest.

" Marinette..." he answered back. 

They paid no heed as the magic circled the broken boy, the white butterfly leading the way as he was carried off back to the world he came from.