Protection

Chat Noir rushed over to Marinette, eagerly helping her out from under the day bed. She clung to him, grateful once again that Chat's stubbornness was easily turned into reliability. He held the shorter girl in a protective embrace, glad her resourcefulness was always something on hand.

Marinette felt secure when Chat was there to lend a hand, with or without the mask to cover her face. Her feelings of terror and paranoia melted and spilled out as tears and sobs, slowly bubbling out of her. Chat held Marinette close, stroking her back to comfort his dear friend. 

" What if he comes back?" she whimpered, " I can't stay here. Ladybug isn't here to stop him."

Chat Noir tried to soothe her as he thought, " You'll have to stay someplace secure with someone who understands what's going on..." the only people who he could think of who fit the bill were Nino, Alya, Master Fu, and himself.

But, Nino and Alya don't have their miraculous, and only Ladybug had the authority to hand them out. They had families to protect, too. And even with the power of the miraculous on hand, he couldn't imagine old Master Fu holding much ground against Chat Blanc. It made him shudder to think of what the villain would do to them when Blanc seemed downright eager to kill him.

That left it to him. He couldn't take Marinette to his house as Chat Noir. What would he be able to say to not reveal his identity? Chat kept soothing Marinette to keep himself thinking.

When Ladybug wanted him to protect Marinette from Evillustrator, she just called him and sent him the coordinates. Marinette must have gone to her for help. Maybe he could say he did that, but in reverse. Chat Noir asks Adrien for help protecting Marinette. Man, he really had to get her into some kind of self defense program.

" I have an idea. Hide again while I go see about you staying someplace safe. I won't be gone long." he said softly. Marinette nodded in response and crawled back under the day bed. She trusted Chat Noir, whether she had a choice or not.

Chat Blanc, despite having taken care of a problem, wandered the dark allies of Paris completely irate. His claws had a few flecks of blood on them, nothing a detransformation can't fix.

Chat Blanc passed the Agreste Mansion, the fact that his father was alive in there sent a cold dagger through his heart, yearning to be coated in blood.

He noticed a black blur heading in through an open gap in the window of his room. Or, what once was his room. He didn't even need to see the tiny green flash to know that Chat Noir was planning something, and it made his blood boil in his veins.

He froze when he heard a gasp from behind him. Chat Blanc turned, only to lock eyes with none other than Lila Rossi.

" -and don't you EVER come CLOSE to me, don't you ever TALK to me, don't even LOOK at me!"

" If I EVER see you AGAIN, I'll rip your guts out, you LYING little bi-"

Chat Blanc couldn't help but smirk. If he could keep promises to a brat like Chloe all his life, he could keep one promise with Lila.

The look on her face told him that she knew full well what that promise was.