Kicked

Chat Blanc and Chat Noir perked up as they heard the screech of tires and turned to see a mutually familiar silver car headed towards the school, accompanied by police sirens. Noir and Ladybug darted behind bushes to detransform while Chat Blanc hid on the school roof, content with following them. 

The two ran out to the front, Marinette clinging to Adrien's arm as he signaled for his bodyguard's attention. The car halted, the door urgently swinging open. They both quickly got in the car as it began to speed away from the school and the emptied, ruined corpse it held within its walls as it was taped off by the police. 

As they shoved their time with their deranged new 'teammate', memories of what sent them outside to meet him came back. Adrien subconsciously wrapped Marinette in his arms, he wanted to protect her, but his mind tried to shut out what he was protecting her from.  His mind distracted itself with exactly who he was holding right now. This girl right in front of him was Ladybug. This girl who had almost been kicked out of school, this girl who had made him a lucky charm he still kept in his pocket, this girl who always seemed so timid and clumsy around him. Adrien gave Marinette a gentle squeeze, her security meaning more to him than his own. 

Marinette felt a sense of safety being held like this, especially by someone she now knew had loved her and protected her for so long. The realization that Adrien had been so stubbornly in love with her, despite being turned down at every corner, blared in her mind like an air horn. She could hear Adrien's accelerated heartbeat from being held against his chest, and noticed his hands were shaking. 

The car pulled up to the mansion, slowing to a stop. The car door swung open, revealing Gabriel Agreste in a panic, in stark contrast to his usual cold and serious demeanor. He sighed in relief upon seeing his son, completely ignoring Marinette. " Adrien, I'm so glad you're safe." 

Chat Blanc watched from the roof of the mansion, his claws scraping the tile as he seethed. Seeing his father alive and well made him want to kill him all over again. But, this was the man responsible for Marinette having a stable roof over her head, so Chat Blanc would resist killing him on the spot for now. 

Adrien stepped out of the car, followed by Marinette. Gabriel's soft expression faded as soon as he saw his son holding hands with her. He would not tolerate this girl being near his son any more. Gabriel stood up straight, his face stern and unyielding, " Miss Dupain-Cheng, after the events of today, it is clear that you are a danger to my son and those around you. You will no longer stay under my roof or by Adrien, and you will not be permitted to come near him or this house until this situation is over. Once Nathalie gets your things, you will be walking home." 

Both teenagers were horrified by this demand. Adrien tried to speak up, " But father, she's in danger! Who's going to-"

" Go to your room, Adrien. This is a matter of your safety." Gabriel demanded as Nathalie walked over with Marinette's bag. Adrien's bodyguard stepped out of the car, his presence imposing. despite Adrien being the most welcoming thing she had, Marinette felt the sinking feeling of being very, very unwelcome. 

Chat Blanc caught himself on the verge of leaping down from the rooftop and tearing his father to shreds, but he stopped himself. He had the formations of a plan worming around in his mind, and he was going to stick to it. Gabriel Agreste would live, for now.

Marinette took her bag in her hands, her gaze turning to Adrien. It broke his heart seeing her this way, her once vibrant and proud bluebell eyes now helpless and fearful. Adrien didn't want to leave her, knowing who would come to her next, 'teammate' or not. But, there was no reasoning with his father. He knew that if she didn't walk out, she would be kicked out. Adrien pulled her close and held her tightly, whispering, " You have to go, Marinette. You're strong enough now to keep yourself safe." Marinette pulled away, and they knew he was saying it to convince them both.

Marinette returned the hug, turning around and walking out of the gate and towards her empty, desolate home.