Attempt

Adrien paced back and forth in his room, too focused to pay any attention to Plagg as the kwami desperately tried to get his owner to listen. Plagg huffed. If Adrien couldn't listen, he would have to resort to something drastic. He hated it too, but it wasn't his first time doing this. 

Adrien froze up as he felt something go completely though his arm. He turned his attention downward, finally noticing Plagg. Plagg gestured to Adrien's ring, then to himself. It finally clicked that if Marinette couldn't be at Adrien's house, Adrien would be at Marinette's house. Or, more specifically, Chat Noir would be at Marinette's house. He just hoped he wasn't too late. 

Marinette sat there, still curled up in a ball and blinding herself to what was going on around her. She could feel his arms wrapped around her small frame, being pressed against the murderer's chest as his hand stroked her hair. His skin was as cold as ice, and his heartbeat was slow. He was saying something to her, but she refused to listen. Whether it was another love confession or a detailed description on exactly what he would do to kill her, she did not hear.  Marinette didn't dare push a fantasy land in front of her eyes, he would chase her there too. 

Chat Noir ran, full sprint, toward Marinette's house. He went in through the trapdoor and down the bed stairs, calling for Marinette. He searched around her room, in the closet, under the day bed, under the desk. He turned around and jumped back when he met the steely glare of Adrien Agreste from under the trapdoor to the living room, a sight he would never get used to.

" She's fine. Get out." he hissed. 

" She isn't and we both know that! Tell me where you're keeping her!" Chat Noir demanded. 

The other boy just kept silent, closed the trapdoor, and went back to the couch. It took only a few seconds for the black cat to push his rival aside and start desperately checking for any kind of injury on his lady's body, " Are you okay, Marinette? Did he hurt you?" he asked, his voice frantic. 

Marinette opened her eyes and looked at Chat Noir. As soon as she looked into his eyes, she hugged him tightly, her sense of security restored. Without her ability to capture the akuma, she was powerless. Chat Noir wiped away her tears and wrapped his arms protectively around her. His touch was warm, and his heartbeat quickened. He felt like safety. He felt like the brightness of tomorrow, because she could trust him to keep her alive to see it. 

Her voice was soft and quiet as she said, " I'm okay, Chat Noir."

Marinette could just barely see orange high-tops slowly edging towards them. 

Jealousy and anger clawed at Chat Blanc.  The knife in his hand glinted in the light as he raised it up to sink it into Chat Noir's heart.