Stalker

Marinette had to admit, Adrien's behavior towards her today was just plain scary.

There wasn't a single time when she looked at him that she didn't find him staring at her. There wasn't a single time he looked away before she did, if he even looked away at all. He'd been taking every opportunity he could to talk to her, but the second he managed to get her to talk, he just looked at her like a special gift he had been asking his parents to get him for years. Adrien had even snuck up behind her and started touching her hair.

Marinette almost sighed and collapsed in relief when Alya decided enough was enough and pulled her aside. In the last second she could see him though, the dazed joy on his face melted to reveal deep, hidden rage. She felt the weight of his stare shift off of her, and Alya's unnerved expression told Marinette all she needed to know.

Marinette's phone pinged. Once the two girls got into the bathroom and securely locked the door, Marinette opened the message that read " Sorry I couldn't tell you earlier, I had three photo shoots scheduled for this morning alone. Won't be show up to school today, can't even find my bag."

It was from Adrien.

Alya's phone pinged just after Marinette read the text. She opened it and after about a second or two, scrunched up her face in confusion. Marinette showed Alya her screen. She read what Marinette got and said, " Why would he send us this if I literally just got the death glare of the month from him?"

It didn't take long for Marinette to come to a conclusion, she leaned in close to tell Alya something, but jumped back in fright when she heard a loud thud at the door. It was him.

Marinette whispered to Alya, " That is NOT Adrien."

Alya whispered back, " You call him. If the phone doesn't ring outside the door, that isn't him." to which Marinette nodded and pressed the call button.

Standing out in front of the Louvre on one of his few breaks, Adrien felt disappointed that he couldn't see his friends today. He had just set down his phone to enjoy a macaron when his phone began to play Marinette's ringtone.