Victory

After a few short moments of hiding, Marinette realized that just because she was in civilian form, that didn't mean she couldn't help Chat Noir win. She rushed out of hiding and back to the door she had ran out of. But before she could open it, it flew open as Chat Blanc was mid-leap.

He burst out of the door and collided with Marinette, knocking her to the floor with him on top of her. He sat up, claws readied to tear into whatever throat they came across.

Chat Blanc froze when he saw Marinette's blue-black pigtails. He scrambled to get off of her, causing his head to collide with Chat Noir's staff. He slumped to the ground, unconscious.

Chat Noir ignored his ring's beep as he quickly reached his hand out to Marinette. She took it, and stood up. Chat Noir lifted her up bridal-style and ran out of the building, leaving the comatose supervillain behind. He didn't dare to find his akuma, since Ladybug wasn't here to capture it. The memory of Stoneheart stood firm in his mind as a warning.

Once he had carried her a safe distance away, Chat set her down. His nerves had calmed down some, but he had to make sure Marinette was okay. Chat set a gentle hand on her shoulder, " Are you okay?" he asked, " Did he hurt you?"

Marinette hugged Chat Noir, grateful to have some hope of stopping the villain, " I'm fine. Just a little sore." as Chat held her close, Marinette already knew what he must be worried about.

She looked up at the taller boy, deciding to tell him just a bit of the truth, " I saw him take Ladybug's earrings. That's why she couldn't come." Marinette felt like kicking herself, why hadn't she gone for the earrings while she had the chance?

Chat's adrenaline came back in full force, making him pull away from the hug " I have to go find them!"

Marinette just watched as he sped back to the building, feeling a bit sorry for the cat.