chapter 6.

friday

~ ashton's pov ~

the music is booming as we make our way into the hot, loud house. it reeks of alcohol and weed, but it doesn't take long to get used to the smell. 

i look around at all of the stupid teens and feel nervous and out place. parties really aren't my thing. some teens are drinking, some are smoking, some are dancing, some are trying to dance, some are making out, some are just talking, and there's one kid that is barfing in the kitchen sink. ew.

dani, lou, and i head to what i think is the living room where niall said him and mikey were. 

"i wonder where ja-" danica starts before being cut off. 

"hey, nica," jaxon says as he wraps his arms around danica's waist from behind. aww too cute. jaxon's the only one who calls danica "nica", and he gets really mad when people call her that. well, as mad as jaxon can get i guess, he's a pretty chill guy.

"hi," she says before kissing him on the cheek. "i missed you." they both smile at each other.

then, harry comes and does the same thing to lou. how original. "hey baby."

lou looks up at him shyly and says, "hi da- i mean, harry." lou blushes. 

wait, what did he almost call harry? dani is literally standing right in front of- OHH. those kinky little shits. 

i then feel arms wrap around my waist. what the fuck? 

"hey, babe," calum mocks. he then licks a stripe up my neck and gives me a big wet kiss on the cheek before laughing. 

"get off me you wanker," i say while giggling. everybody's laughing at this point. he unwraps his arms and puts just one over my shoulder in a friendly way. luke, zayn, and liam walk up to us, luke glaring at calum's arm wrapped around me. 

oh shit. does luke like calum? maybe he's just really close to his best friend? i don't even know if luke is into guys. i'm probably just imagining things. maybe luke is just in a bad mood. 

"hey, i'm gonna get a drink. does anybody want anything?" luke asks.

danica, jaxon, liam, and i all decline, but everyone else, except for lou who asks for straight tequila, asks for a beer.

"hey ash, you should go with luke to get the drinks. he can't hold all of them by himself," calum suggests.

"uh s-sure." GUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN, MY STUTTER'S BACK, T-TELL A FRIEND!

before i know it, i'm following luke into the kitchen, where there's surprisingly not that many people. just a couple of girls making out, and that one kid that was barfing is now passed out on the floor. 

he hands me two beers. "so ash, first party?" 

"umm, y-yeah actually. i-i mean, i've been to birthday and h-holiday parties before, but not just l-like regular friday night parties. i've never really been invited to a p-party before." god, why am i still talking? i actually sound so lame.

he hands me two more beers before saying, "well, you're not missing out on much. they're basically all just like this, but if you're into getting wasted and grinding and making out with random people, this is your perfect scene. i only go to parties when my friends are going. you seem more like the kind of guy that stays home or gets food with some close friends."

i nod. "yeah, that's basically me. boring, lame ashton." he looks up at me and smiles while pouring lou's drink.

"no, it's a good thing. y'know, making out with random people and getting drunk at high school parties doesn't exactly make you a good person. it's nice to have a nice night at home. i'd rather hang out with you than any of the regular assholes that come here on friday nights." 

i feel my cheeks heating up from his comment and look down at my shoes. i glance back up at luke, and he's biting his lip ring, making me weak at the knees. it's getting kinda hot in here.

"come on, let's go join the others," luke says, now holding two beers in one hand and lou's tequila in the other. 

we walk back into the living room, but all of our friend's are gone. i try to look around the room, but i don't have my glasses on, so i can't really see anything anyway.

"where is everybody?" i ask luke, seeing him typing on his phone.

"i don't know. i just texted calum to see where they went."

"ok." i continue to try to look around, squinting my eyes now to see better.

"why are you squinting?" luke asks.

"well, umm, i'm not wearing my g-glasses, so i c-can't really see that well."

"oh, do you have contacts?" i shake my head. "well, i barely see you in glasses. why don't you wear them?"

"because i look terrible in them." wow, no stutter. probably because i'm very confident about the hatred i have towards myself. 

"what? i like your glasses. you look adorable in them." i blush at his words even if they're just lies.

"th-thanks," i say. he just smiles back. 

his phone buzzes, and he checks to see what it is.

"oh, cal just texted back. here, follow me," he says. he grabs my hand, and i swear, i almost faint. he leads me by my hand to wherever we're going. "cal said they were having a hard time hearing each other, so he took them to this room upstairs where it's off limits to most people. cal can take people up there because this is renee's house."

"oh," i say. "wait, who's renee?" i ask.

"she's cal's cousin. this is her house. she throws parties all the time, but i've only seen her at a party like twice. she's pretty cool. really girly though and a cheerleader," he answers.

he takes me all the way to the third floor where everyone's just hanging around, having a good time. we hand out the drinks, and we all just sit around and talk until niall suggests something.

"hey, we should all play truth or dare."

oop a cliffhanger. i wonder what gon happen next.

hope y'all like it. lots of love.

xx