chapter 15.

lmao i can already tell this is going to be short, and i haven't even written it yet. also, this is unedited trash, so let me know if you see any mistakes. 

friday

~ ashton's pov ~

dani and i walk into school as we see lou at his locker struggling to get all of his books into his messy locker. he almost looks as if he's about to cry, but i know louis, and he's not going to cry over something as simple as that

"hey, lou. what's up? you good?" dani asks as soon as we get to him. 

"yeah i'm good. work your magic please," he says back, gesturing to his locker. 

i don't know how she does it, but somehow she manages to clean the whole thing up and organize his books by chronological order in which he needs them in like 20 seconds. it's nice to know that the curse of OCD has some benefits. 

after lou gets all of his stuff into his backpack, we go our separate ways. i go to my locker, dani goes to hers, and lou heads to the cafeteria to meet up with our other friends. as soon as i'm done, i also head to the cafeteria where everyone else is. 

michael is eating breakfast, and niall is trying to steal his food. louis is online shopping, and dani is sitting on jaxon's lap where he is feeding her something, i think cereal. 

i plop down in my seat, laying my head down as i wait for the bell to ring. i feel a finger jab at my shoulder. i look up to see niall looking down on me. 

"ash, ash, ash, ash, ash, ashton, ashton, ashton," he says while continuing to jab at me. 

"what the fuck do you want?" i ask.

"do you have food?" he asks with puppy dogs eyes. 

"no, sorry," i say with a laugh as he pouts. aw, i can't stand to see nialler pout tho. "but, i do have some money you can use for the vending machine."

his face instantly lights up and he makes grabbing hands. "gimme gimme gimme."

"shut up," i say sarcastically as i hand him the crumpled up five dollar bill from my backpack. 

i feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see cal with a very amused face. 

"you should've heard luke talking about you this morning man," he says while laughing. 

i visibly gulp. "w-what'd he say about me?" i ask with insecurity. 

"all good things, ash, all good things. no need to worry," he replies with a cheeky grin. 

i roll my eyes right before the warning bell rings, signally for us to go to first period. i hear a collection of groans from everybody in the cafeteria as we all go our separate ways to different classes. 

hm, i wonder where luke is? hope he's ok. 

i walk alone to math class which i'll probably just sleep through, well try to sleep through, because basically all of the material is review to me. 

~ oop y'all already know who it is ~

i walk to the cafeteria with my head down as i try to not bump into people or draw attention to myself. 

but the world just fucking loves me, doesn't it? 

i don't even process what's happening until i'm on the ground, face down with everybody laughing at me. 

"hey!" i hear a low voice call as i bring my face up from the ground. "move along people, nothing to see here. here, ash." he extends his arm, and i grab it, pulling myself up from the ground.