chapter 10.

sunday

~ luke's pov ~

i run across the field sweating like a pig, immediately turning around when i reach the other side. coach is making us run because we were goofing off during practice. calum tripped and fell, and we were all just laughing. he was even laughing too, but coach got mad. i think he's on his man period or something. 

"coach cowell! how many more?!" i hear harry yell.

"it was gonna be just one more, but since you asked, you get another three!" he yells back.

we all groan, but harry just keeps smiling. i bet he did that on purpose. harry likes to run, and he knows better than any of us to not ask coach questions about punishments.

i look back over and see cal flipping harry off. haz just gives a thumbs up in response. i find myself chuckling to myself. this really isn't that bad. if we were sprinting, it'd be a different story, but we're just doing barely more than a jog. 

after three more laps most of us are close to passing out. just one more left, and we're finally done in this stupid 90 degree weather. i see harry about to open his mouth again, but cal interrupts him before he can even start talking.

"shut your curly face styles! i'm not running any more than i have to, you little shit!" he yells.

well, there's calum for you. he's pretty chill most of the time, but he can definitely get angry. especially if you call him asian. 

"fine, chow mien, have it your way," he calls back with a smirk.

ah shit. why harry why? just why? like why? why? why?

"i hate you!"

"love you too cal!"

aw jeez, i have to take these two idiots home today, don't i? oh wait, harry drove himself today. thank god. i'm too tired to deal with their shit. 

we finally finished the last lap and all collapsed on the ground, except for harry and jaxon, who both run track and cross country. 

i guzzle down about half of my water bottle and walk over to where jaxon and haz are. 

i punch harry in the arm. "you little shit. you did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"maybe i did. who cares? coach is just gonna make us go back on the field to run around and kick the ball anyway."

"yeah whatever, i didn't really mind that much, but cal's pretty pissed," i say, laughing.

"i think he's more pissed at the fact that you called him 'chow mien' tho," jaxon says, also laughing. 

"yeah, he'll forgive me tho. i'll just get him nandos or something," harry says. he then starts smiling really big and waving towards the bleachers. "hey lou!"

jaxon and i follow his gaze to where dani and louis are now walking up the bleachers. 

"hey nica!" jaxon shouts, also waving. dani and louis just wave back and find seats where they can watch us practice. i wonder where ashton is? he's usually with them. i hope he's okay. "aww, is lukey upset that his boyfriend didn't come to watch him practice football?" jaxon asks teasingly while pinching my cheeks.

"oh, shut up. ashton's not my boyfriend," i respond not yet anyway. 

"how'd you know he was talking about ashton then, luke?" harry asks, smirking.

cal finally decides to walk over. great timing, cal! "what'd you say about ashton? that luke's in love with him? oh yeah, you're totally right." great, my friends made up, and now they're making fun of me. 

"shut up," i say, too tired to think of a good comeback. 

"aww that's cute," cal starts. "little lukey's in denial."

"shut up, i'm not in denial. i do really like ashton, but it's not like i'm the only one who likes someone. jaxon and dani are dating, haz and louis are dating, and cal, you and michael might as well be dating because i saw you guys cuddling at the party after he was dared to do whatever you told him to do."

"says the one that was holding a sleeping ashton in his lap for the entire night," he responds.

"well, at least i admit that i do like ashton." maybe love. fuck, what is this boy doing to me. 

our little "argument" gets cut off by coach's voice. "k guys, practice is over. remember, we have practice on tuesday and thursday, and a scrimmage game on friday. i don't care if it's a scrimmage or a regular game, you guys need to do your best. k, that's all. i'll see you guys tomorrow." 

"thank god," cal says. "i feel like my legs are going to break off."

some of our teammates head to the showers, but none of us (cal, haz, jaxon, and i) do. we usually wait until we get home on weekend practices. there's no use in waiting for a filthy, cold shower in a room full of sweaty boys when you can just drive home and take a nice hot shower by yourself. 

we all head up to the bleachers to say hi to danica and louis. 

once we get up to where they're standing, louis leans up to whisper something in haz's ear. harry's eyes widen, and he immediately takes louis' hand to lead him to his car. i can only imagine the possibilities of what he said to make harry react like that. those horny little shits.

soon after that, we all say our goodbyes and start walking to our cars. cal and i hop in, and he immediately takes the aux to play nickelback from his phone. 

i drop him off and drive home, desperately needing a shower. all i can seem to think about during my ride home is ashton. are my feelings for him really that obvious? it's just really hard to not have feelings for him, y'know?

he's just so perfect. everything about him is perfect. his smile, even though i don't see it that often. his wavy hair, his tan skin, his tiny body. i mean, i would like him no matter what size he was, but his tiny little body is really cute. and his giggle. and his stutter. the way he treats others, especially dani. his beautiful hazel eyes and those eye lashes. his luscious, pink lips . . . 

i wonder what it'd be like to kiss ashton. i bet he's a good kisser. i bet those lips could do more than just kissing too. oh, i can just imagine his pretty eyes looking right at me through his eyelashes as his lips wrap around my co-

fuck. do not get a boner. do not get a boner. do not get a boner.

too late.