Prologue

Author's note:  [ ]= Narrator  

Prologue

Tatsuo's POV

I'm a normal kid. My name is Shirou Tatsuo, I'm six years old and I am walking home from school. On the way back home I saw a girl crying by the side of the road. Nobody was paying any attention to her (Since they were jerks.) Being the nice guy I am, I confronted her.

"Hey hey (Hayasaka intensifies) What's wrong? Why are you crying." I asked.

"Don't pay attention to me," She sniffled, "Just leave me alone."

"Sorry but I can't do that. What's your name? I'm Shirou Tatsuo, nice to meet you!" I said with a smile.

"I-I'm Hayasaka..."

"Hayasaka-san, why are you crying?" I asked.

"It's none of your business..." She replied coldly. Boy is she a tough nut to crack.

"Yo, don't be like that. Hey, maybe we could play over there," I said pointing at a playground across the street.

"Don't you have places to be?" She asked me.

"Nah, my parents don't really care if I come home late."

"I guess I could play a little." She sighed. Then I grabbed her wrist making her blush a little and pulled her over to the playground. When we got there I asked her; "Hey, Hayasaka, what do you want to play?"

"This whole operation was your idea, airhead."

"I thought it would be nice to let you pick. You didn't have to be so mean about it."

"How about basketball?" She just picked the wrong person to play basketball against. I'm about to Giannis Antetokounmpo all over you.

Time skip brought to you by Tatsuo dunking

... I lost seven to zero.

"Hey, you're pretty good," I said sarcastically.

"You aren't pretty good," She replied.

"I was going easy on you!"

"Sure you were."

"It's true!"

"No it's not.

"Anyways changing the topic, why were you crying earlier?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Doesn't seem like nothing to me. I don't think people cry for crying sake." Hayasaka didn't respond.

"Hey, Hayasaka what's your first name?"

"Ai, why"

"Oh, it's nothing." Your own words have just been used against you! I am Hercules!!!

"Hayasaka, why were you crying? I will keep bothering you until you tell me.

"If you insist... I was just wondering the possibilities if my parents didn't... love me anymore... so I was wondering if I could adapt to a new personality."

"If your name is Ai*, How can your parents not love you. Besides, I bet you couldn't even adapt to one personality." (*Ai means love hence the title.)

"I could too! Just give me ten more years and I'll have you confessing your love to me!"

"That's never going to happen, if anything it's going to be the opposite!" We both glared at each other.

"Here, take this!!" Hayasaka ordered. She handed me a bracelet. The bracelet was unique, it had rainbow stripes on one side and had a type of emblem on the other side.

"Wear that everywhere you go when we meet again I can identify you."

"What do you mean again? Aren't we going to see each other everyday?" I asked her.

"Well... I'm moving. I'm going to start working for the Shinomiya household next week."

"Well, when we meet again I'm gonna destroy you in basketball!"

"I'd like to see you try!"

Time-skip

After that day I never saw Hayasaka for a long time (for ten years to be exact.) True to my word I practiced basketball everyday becoming better and better. It wasn't until I was a second-year at Shuchi'in Academy that I saw her again. Of course by then I didn't recognize her but she recognized me.