CHAPTER 7

December 25,2003

Merry Christmas Papa!

I love Christmas Papa. There would always be a party at our house. Our relatives would gather and have fun and laugh. The Stewarts where invited too. You and Mr. Stewart are business partners and Alex and I are best friends.

I received a lot of gifts Papa. New dolls, new clothes, new shoes. Alex gave me an origami flower Papa. It was a lotus. It was so beautiful. He even kissed me on the cheek. He’s the best Papa. I loved your gift too. You gave me a Hello Kitty calculator.

You told all our relatives that I would be an economist too like you. They all agreed and they told me that I would be successful like you Papa. You had a lot of dreams for me Papa. I don’t want to disappoint you. I felt like you were showing off your daughter in front of everyone. Like you’re proud of me. I really hope you are Papa.

I gave you the Christmas card I made you after the party. You smiled at it and thanked me. You said it was beautiful. I was so happy you said that Papa. I even wrote a poem at the back of the card.

“Thank you for the toys

Santa says you’re nice

I gave him Chips Ahoys

To give you a gift tonight”

I hope you loved it Papa. I miss Mama so much but I’m happy being with you. I love you Papa!