CHAPTER 36

May 15, 2011

Papa,

We just got home from the hospital, Papa. You weren’t keen on the idea of Alex coming with me so you came along. I was really happy you were there Papa. You will have your first granddaughter! The doctor said she was healthy. I pray to God that she wouldn’t inherit my disease.

After months of giving me the silent treatment, you started to talk to me sometimes. You have no idea how much that meant to me, Papa. When you start a conversation with me…I just feel so glad.

I prayed a lot. I always go to church to pray for my baby and of course, for you too, Papa. Alex and I would usually meet there but we wouldn’t talk for long. I promised you that I would go home right away.

It’s a good thing you finally permitted Alex to visit me. He’s a really supportive father. He talks to our baby whenever he visits, and he always brings along a fruit basket.

You received an emergency call from your boss today, Papa. You need to go to a business trip this afternoon. That means I have to be alone tonight. I was planning to ask you if AJ can come…but you surprised me, Papa. You said that Alex can spend the night. You said that it would be nice to have the father of the baby spend time with me. Alex was very happy too.

After you left, Papa, I…well, it was Alex’s idea. We’re going for a walk, Papa. I promise I won’t do this again. I love you!