CHAPTER 24

AJ Raymore lived in a chic modern house near the beach. It was a 30 minute drive from my house.Not too shabby, I mumbled to myself.

About 2 minutes after Alex rang the doorbell, a fat man with pink cheeks and red hair greeted us with a huge smile.

“Hello there, Alex!” his voice boomed.

Alex chuckled and said “Hey Mr. Raymore. Turned anyone deaf lately?”.

The fat man let out a jolly laugh. I blinked a couple of times. This guy looks familiar. He must’ve seen me blinked because he squinted his eyes at me. I broke into a smile and so did he.

“Joe? Is that you? Look at you! You look like a dump!”.

I laughed. It’s the first time I did after a while.

“Speak for yourself, Wally. At least I didn’t turn into a walrus. Walrus Wally!”. He laughed so hard that his cheeks went red.

It’s so nice to see my old college roommate. He studied Architecture along with my wife. I met her through him. Now here we were, reunited and acting like the bums we used to be in college.

Walter Raymore let us in his amazing home. His house was very spacious despite having a lot of modern style furniture. Wally did a great job. He asked us to sit in his living room. Alex and I sat on the navy blue sofa while he sat on the lustrous white sofa to our left. 

“What brings you boys here?” he asked as he leaned his back to the sofa.

“I want to talk to your daughter AJ”.

“I’m right here, Mr. Meyer” a singsong voice behind me said.