CHAPTER 43

September 17, 2011

To my most beloved Papa,

I’m going to give birth soon, Papa. That means…I’m going to die pretty soon too. Before I die though, I want to tell you the story behind my pregnancy. I did it for you, Papa.

When I die…I don’t want you to feel alone. I want you to have someone to accompany you through life. Someone who will be concerned of you, someone who would comfort you, someone who would kiss you in the cheek when she goes home…like I used to.

I wanted that lucky person to be my daughter. I know you will love her and raise her well. She would make you proud, Papa, I’m sure of it..unlike me. I hope you wouldn’t treat her the same as you did with me. Don’t love her as if she is me, love her as if she’s your own daughter. Accept her for who she is.

The last thing I want to do is make you cry, Papa. I never want to see you sad. Hopefully, my little girl would make you feel worthwhile and fulfilled. You would make a great father to her, Papa. Please take care of her…and let her take care of you.  She’s the most important thing I own and I want to give it to the most important person in my life.

Her name’s Maple Lily. Kiss her for me every night, Papa. Even if you won’t believe this, I’ll say it anyway: You raised me well, Papa. Being a father is your profession. Mama and I will wait for you.