CHAPTER 9

January 17, 2004

Papa,

Today is Report Card Day. I’m so nervous to see my rank in class. What if I’m not in the Honor’s list?

After dismissal, my teacher posted the list. I ranked third. I’m so happy. I hope you will be happy too Papa. I really did my best. I waited for you to come get my grades but you never came. My teacher told me to bring my grades home. But I still waited for you to come Papa. Maybe you were just stuck in traffic. Maybe you were just hiding to surprise me. Please get my grades Papa.

It’s almost evening and I had no choice but to bring my grades home. You’re not home yet Papa so I stayed at the Stewart’s. They were having a family dinner because Alex ranked 8th. Mr. Stewart was so proud of him. He kept on ruffling Alex’s hair and said “I’m proud of you son” over and over again.Mrs. Stewart asked me if I made it in the list. I answered that I ranked third. They told me that I was a born achiever. I felt proud of myself Papa. Not a lot of people tell me that, not even you Papa.

Alex and I watched TV in their living room. He told me that I’m awesome.Alex is really consistent in telling me that Papa. I hope you are too.

You fetched me around 8 in the evening. You looked tired Papa. When we got home, you told me to sleep early even if it’s the weekend. I wanted to tell you about my day Papa, but you turned around and went into your room. I wanted to cry Papa. You hurt my feelings. I slipped my report card under your door and went to my room. Get some rest Papa.