CHAPTER 28

AJ looked down at her lap after talking. I examined the brown-haired girl in front of me. I have to admit, it was like talking to Lizzie.I could sense fear in her voice. I never made an effort to change that. Heck, I had a lot of things I never did for my daughter.

I never knew she liked writing, cheeseburgers, and her other interests.I never even knew that…she liked girls. My little girl liked girls. It was so painful to know that. I bought her all the girly stuff she asked for, where did I go wrong in raising her? I wished I heard this from her, but I might’ve beat her up if I did. Damn, I’m such a selfish, narrow-minded…

“Mr. Meyer?”. I almost jumped.

“I’m sorry, AJ. I was deep in thought”.

She smiled sweetly.

“I noticed”.

I tried to return her smile. I closed my eyes tightly and analyzed everything.

“Mr. Meyer, we only kissed once. It wasn’t a very intimate relationship”.

I don’t know how to react. Be happy that they did not do anything else? Or be disturbed that my daughter was in that relationship in the first place?

“Thank you AJ” I finally said.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“You took care of my daughter. You meant a lot to her. Thank you for being here to share your memories of Lizzie with me”.

“Alex has a major part here too Mr. Meyer”

“AJ…your story is not finished is it?”. She averted her gaze.

“Was Alex the one who got Lizzie pregnant?”.

I held my breath as I waited for her response. She looked at me and slowly nodded. My jaw clenched and she noticed it.

“I will finish my story first, Mr. Meyer, before you bang your fist on the table. But I need Alex to be here”.