The Giflfriend and the Soulmate

Ladies and Gents I give you the second to last chapter!!!!!

I'll post the last one Tommorow!

Enjoy!

---

The months after spring fling were interesting to say the least. Me and Cady were in a relationship and the Hubbard's and I were finalizing me moving in with them perminantly, something that my mother let me do after realizing that it was better for all of us.

The summer break crept up on us so quickly that we were half way through before I realized and it took me a moment to notice that I was happier then than I had ever been. Things were finally starting to look up.

Three months later:

I leant against Cady, fully relaxing into her warm embrace, and let her fingers comb through my hair soothingly.
"I like it short." She said as she picked up a strand of my now chin lengthed all brown hair, "I can't believe you actually let Damian do it though. Not after last time."
I chuckled and leant even deeper into her touch, "He told you that story then?"
Cady nodded, "Yeah, although his argument for it was something like, 'In my defence I never said I was good at cutting hair!'" She put on a whiny impression of Damians voice.
I shifted slightly from my place on my bed and looked up at her wide, bright eyes, "He never said he was bad at it either. I ended up having to shave the side of my head because of him."

"Yeah but you still love me!" Damian pointed out, bursting into my room without knocking and making both me and Cady jump.
"Ever heard of knocking? We could have been naked you crumb!" I cried, throwing one of the pillows on my bed at him.
Damian caught it, placing it on the end of my bed next to Obis sleeping form, and flopped roughly down next to him, "Neither of you are brave enough to do that in this house, besides Ma might actually kill you if you did."
"No she loves me." I objected, grinning as Cady kicked Damian off the side of the bed, "If you bought a boy home she might kill you."
"I know." Damian huffed, grappling at the edge of the bed but failing to stay attached for too long, "She bloody loves you."
"Didn't you used to say you were Ma's favourite?" Cady asked as she pulled Damian back up onto the bed.
"Used to are the key words there." He grumbled as I leant forward so he could sit behind me, "I'm put in second place by my bloody soulmate."

I leant back, feeling Damians arms wrap around me and grinned, "It's not my fault you're like a slightly more annoying Kevin.G." I teased, scrunching up my nose as he booped it with a offended face.
Cady sat forward, ready to defend her fellow mathleete to the grave, "Excuse you, Kevin is great!"
"Sure he is. And Regina George isn't a scum-sucking fart-mouthed life-ruiner!" I deadpanned, a fake stoney look covering my face.
"I thought you two made up?" Cady asked, a concerned look on her face.
I giggled, "Oh we did. But seeing that look on your face is always worth it!"
Cadys jaw dropped and she gave me a disgusted look, then turning to Damian and smacking his shoulder, "I thought I told you not to rub off on her?" She chided jokingly.
Damian gave her his best innocent expression, that was fooling no one by the way, "How is this my fault? I can't help it if I naturally rub off on my little space alien."

I growled, "Call me as space alien again and you'll have more to worry about then just rubbing off on people!" I warned, unable to hide the fond smile that covered my face.
Cady laughed along, pulling her phone out of her pocket as it chimed and jumping up, "Oh I've gotta bounce if I wanna make it to Reginas pool party on time. You guys sure you don't wanna come?"
I shook my head, "Me and Gina are friends but I'm not ready for something like that yet. Have fun for me." I said as I kissed her forehead.
"Damian?"
"Nope, sorry Cads. I go where she goes." He said pointing to me with his thumb.
Cady nodded and kissed my cheek before heading to the door, "That's what I thought. I love you guys don't watch too many horror movies without me! You know I hate to miss them!"
"You mean you hate hiding in Janis's side the entire time!" Damian called after her, both of us laughing when we heard the muffled sound of offense from our friend.

We lay there quiet for a few moments before Damian spoke up from his position behind me playing with my hair, "So what do you wanna do?" He asked softly.
"It doesn't matter." I mumbled absentmindedly, trying to focus a little better despite how soothing Damian running his fingers through my hair was, "I'm with you, I'd be happy to just do nothing."
Damian hummed, "Isn't it funny how we live in the same house but I feel like I never see you anymore." He mentioned as I shifted so my head was in his lap.
"I guess. I love Caddie but it's nice to be alone with you sometimes." I replied, closing my eyes and resisting the urge to fall asleep, "Just us against the world."
Damian hummed again, but this time I made out the tune of 'Only Us' from 'Dear Evan Hansen' and realised immediately what he was trying to do.

"I don't need you to serenade me off to sleep love." I mutter tiredly despite myself, "I'm quite capable of staying awake like a normal person.
Damian nodded, "If I know you, Which I'm pretty darn sure I do. Then I know for a fact that you didn't sleep much last night. So let me help you now cause we both know I'm not gonna give up."
I grumbled but kept my eyes shut, so focused on fighting off a yawn that I didn't notice when he started stroking my nose in the same way he would when I had a nightmare, "Thank you love." I mumbled sleepily, slowly drifting off.
"Anything for you sweets." I heard his whisper before succumbing to the darkness that had been surrounding me.

So I had my girlfriend. But I also had my soulmate.

I had the girl I didn't want to live without and the boy I couldn't live without.

I had everything I needed to be happy and was hell bent on being exactly that.

Happy.

Surprisingly it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.