CHAPTER XXIX: Το θεϊκό Κατεργάρης

029- THE DIVINE TRICKSTER

AURAELLIA

So apparently, it took us a few seconds earlier to realize that we got relocated to freaking Vegas! The beautiful nightlights of the city just added to its vividness that it almost took my breath away! Ang liwanag talaga dito kahit gabi.

Naputol lang ang excitement nung iba sa'min sa Alpha Team when Kai claimed that he heard the lord Chronos' voice talking about Olympus and its fall, the gods being under his control, and depraving the whole mortal realm of time as he release his sands.

Nung una akala namin nagbibiro lang siya pero natigilan kaming lahat nang magsimulang umulan ng mga kulay gintong buhangin sa buong paligid and the next thing we knew, everything around us stopped. Like, literally! He stopped the flow of time.

Napuno ng katanungan ang mga isipan namin kanina and started to doubt everything until Sev's animalis guardian, Sapentia, appeared before us carrying a scroll that held a message.

Alpha Team,

Word has spread of the fall of Olympus and the gods. The goddess Eunomia was in Chronos' control all-along. After what happened earlier in the academy, hindi namin alam kung nasaan kayo ngayon. I immediately asked Sapientia to deliver you this message.

Wherever you guys are, be alert and carefully choose who you trust. We believe that Chronos is sending the rest of the legacies after you. Watch out.

And no need to worry, there are a few unexpected allies who showed-up after you vanished. I, together with our few comrades will do our best to defend the academy if such measures are needed.

For now, here are the list of the six locations in the hints, and the teams who must go there to retrieve the hidden artifacts:

-Mount Etna (Gamma Team)
-The Isles of Delos (Alpha Team)
-Delphi (Digamma Team)
-The Island of Aeaea (Delta Team)
-The Labyrinth of Crete (Epsilon Team)
-Nemea (Beta Team)

I leave our fates to the rest of you. Should you not believe me, I cannot do anything about it anymore. But I swear to the river Styx, I will never betray my friends. Now I ask you...

Continue the Olympian Tournament. Trust me.

-Archsev

Yun ang nakasulat sa scroll na binasa namin kanina. We had a bit of an argument earlier too since some of our members in the Alpha Team strongly contradicted the idea of trusting what was written on the scroll. May nagsasabing iba sa kanila na baka pakana na naman daw toh ni lord Chronos para mauto kami.

Kai held the final decision though since he's our team captain kaya in the end, walang nagawa yung iba. I mean, I didn't doubt the message written on the scroll too. Naniniwala akong kay Sev talaga galing iyon and that he has a valid reason kung bakit nasabi niya ang mga bagay na iyon---whatever it is. The thing is, kilalang-kilala na naming dalawa ni Kai si Sev, especially how his mind works with things like this. Kung siya na ang nagsabi, paniguradong mapanghahawakan namin ang mga salita niya. He's not a son of the goddess Athena for nothing.

"So the Alpha Team's assigned location would be... The Isles of D-Delos.", I hesitated when I read the scroll again to confirm. Natahimik din yung iba naming kasama kaya nagpatuloy ako.

"The Isles of Delos is an island located in Greece. Sev really is a genius. That explains the seventh line written in the hints! 'Second, buried on the birthplace of sun and lyre.' The island of Delos is famous in the myths, given that it is where the titaness Leto gave birth to the twins. The Greek god of the sun, Apollo, and the Greek goddess of the moon, Artemis. I wonder what kind of hidden artifact lies there?", may halong pagtatakang saad ko as I held my chin and twitched my lips. I admit, it's exciting but scary at the same time.