Chapter 15

Few days after that, I kept myself busy with my school works. Good thing I already finished doing my papers in Taxation, but I still have to do some revisions, thank goodness Axel helped a hand. After class, I immediately went home to get myself ready. 

The whole staff of the Madeline Clothing, including us will be having a dinner to celebrate the success of their business. Glady, Zarah, my friend who's also a model was invited too. Mabuti naman at kahit papaano ay may makakausap ako.

"Cheers!" We held our wine glasses and raised it, I smiled as my glass and Zarah's bumped. 

Everyone were busy talking to each other, whereas Zarah and I were talking about her trip to Italy the last week, she gave me a perfume na kahapon lang ay nakita ko lang sa internet. Of course, I thanked her. 

"That's no big deal, don't worry." She chuckled.

I smiled to her, "Ang humble mo talaga, 'no?"

She looked at me shocked at first, but she eventually smiled too, "Wala naman kasi akong mapapala kung magiging mayabang ako, hindi naman ako yayaman sa 'ganon." She explained.

Well, that's true. And I'm starting to admire her for that. We talked about a lot of things, noon hindi naman kami gaanong close. Nag-ngingitian at nagbabatian lang naman kami noon, but now I'm glad that we're starting to have deep conversations.

I blinked twice when someone suddenly caught my attention.

"Are you okay?" Nag-aalalang tanong ni Zarah. My brows suddenly furrowed, why is he here?

"Solly?" Tinapik na niya 'yung balikat ko.

"O-oh my, sorry. I was spacing out." Hindi maalis 'yung tingin ko kay Axel, tattoo niya pa lang ay alam ko nang siya 'yon. Sinong kasama niya?

I faced Zarah, "Sorry, what were you saying?" I tried to calm my heart, I feel nervous and I don't know why.

"Do you want some water?" She asked some water from the waiter, then drank that. 

My eyes were stucked at him, still wondering who's with him. I'm getting paranoid, I immediately grabbed my phone and called his number. I saw him getting his phone from his pocket, and stopped eating when he saw that I was calling him.

[Hel-]

"Hey." I cutted him off, "Uh, where are you now?" I asked, still looking at him. I saw Axel stood up, at lumayo ng kaunti sa lamesa nila.

[Home, why?] You liar.

"Anong ginagawa mo?" I asked to hear his new lie.

[Nag-aaral ako. Why? You want me to go there?]