Chapter 27

"Have you seen my parents here?"

I immediately asked Atlas na kapapasok lang sa office ko. I've been holding and staring at the card for quite a long now, I don't really know how they went inside. 

"Hindi ko nakita. Nandito sila?" He asked curiously, he took a glance on the bouquet on my table and went near, "Saan galing 'yan?" He pointed it using his lips.

"Sa kanila 'daw." I gave him the small card I got from the envelope. He read it and his brows furrowed.

"Let's look on the cameras." He walked fast and I followed him towards the surveillance room. 

He told the guy in-charge to look for the footage inside my office. It was an hour ago, nang pumasok 'yung isang lalaking naka-itim na may dala ng mga bulaklak. Disappointed was written all over my face habang pabalik kami sa office ko. I thought my parents really came over to congratulate me. 

I was getting busy the next few days. Palipat-lipat ako, minsan nasa restaurant, but mostly nasa company. After the day I had received the flower from my parents, wala na akong balita sa kanila. I was actually planning on visiting them, pero nahihiya ako. Hindi ko alam kung meron ba 'kong mukhang maihaharap sa kanila pagkatapos ng pag-iwan ko sa kanila. 

Atlas and I were heading to the airport right now, sabi niya ay uuwi na ang girlfriend niya galing sa ibang bansa. Gusto niya daw akong ipakilala sa fiance niya dahil kuya ko daw siya. What's the connect with that?

"Solly!" 

My eyes widened as soon I as I saw her walking out the airport. Atlas immediately grabbed Zarah's luggages, and she hugged me. 

"Ikaw ang fiance?!" Gulat na tanong ko pagkatapos niyang bumitaw sa pagkaka-yakap sa'kin. 

"I am!" She answered cheerfully, obviously making fun of my sudden reaction.

I crossed my arms, still shocked, "Bakit hindi ko alam?" 

I heard her chuckled, then Atlas stood beside her, "You never asked!" Then they both laughed. I felt betrayed just by now.

Zarah and I both sat at the backseat, while Atlas looked like our driver. He was actually complaining, and was asking for Zarah to seat beside him, but she refused 'cause she wanted to talk to me. She stayed in New York for a month dahil meron siyang booking doon, she's getting famous internationally. She offered me a booking, but I refused 'cause I have to focus in my business. 

Ibinaba lang ako ni Atlas sa tapat ng building ko, and I just walked in. I was prespiring when I got inside my office and wiped my forehead because of the sweat. Suddenly, I heard Reign's voice as she knocks.

"Ma'am, may naghahanap po sa inyo. Wala po siyang appointment, pero sabi niya ay magkakilala daw po kayo." 

My brows furrowed, slightly getting pissed dahil na rin siguro sa init, "Sino daw?"