Chapter 25

"Who's this guy you slapped in the face? He's familiar to me, I think I've already seen him." 

Mami Rej was watching the video from her phone. Who would have thought that someone will still sneak out just to take a video of me. Of us. Now I know why Ashley shouted yesterday to take their phones off.

"Your freaking video is viral, Solana!" She raised her voice at me. I bowed my head, don't know what to say, "Eto pala 'yung ka-holding hands mo sa mga pictures! Now, the netizens knew already that he's your secret boyfriend. You didn't even told me about it!" She scolded.

"I-it's fine. Wala na din naman kami." I answered in a low voice, almost whispering.

"Oo nga, obvious naman." She crossed her arms while nodding, at umupo sa sofa with her hands on her temple, "What are we going to do now kapag umabot 'to sa agency at sa managemen- Oh goodness! Speaking of. They're calling!" Stress was evident in her voice as she stood up and took the call. 

Mas lalo akong kinabahan nang panay ang tingin sa'kin ng manager ko habang may kausap sa phone. It looks like they're talking about me. I sighed heavily as I sat down on the sofa. I suddenly felt sleepy. 

Pagkahatid nila sa'kin kagabi sa bahay, I just cried and gladly I fell asleep. Maybe, that's when the girls left me. Until now, I still feel the aches inside my heart. It was like stabbing it multiple times everytime I remember Axel. I wish that was a only a dream. 

I wanted to be mad at him. I left my family to fight for him! And now he can't even fight his love for me? How embarassing. Pagkauwi ko sa condo ko, I sat down on the floor and just stared. I don't know how long I've been staring already, but I just felt my tears flowing down again. Hindi ba nauubos to'ng luha na 'to?

I tried to reach him several times. I kept on calling him, messaging him in his messenger. I even tried to dm him in his instagram account. I just wanted to know why? Why did he do that to me? Why did he suddenly fell out of love? Did I do something wrong? Those were the questions that runs in my mind these past few days. I'm already overthinking, and this is not nice. I was so devastated.

Days after, I went back hiking again at Tanay alone. I was hoping that I could see him here. But not even a shadow did I see him. I kept on coming back twice a week, my hopes were really high. I remember he stated that this became his safe haven, so that's why I was kinda' expecting that he'll be here. I couldn't even see him at school, nor reach him through his social medias.

Maybe he didn't really love me at the first place. And it breaks my heart so much.

"Solana, dear, I'm sorry I have to say this. But the management and your agency decided to pull out your contract with them." Mami Rej sadly explained. Pinuntahan niya ko dito sa condo with that sad news. I did not answer her, the reason why she suddenly panicked a bit. I suddenly felt that I'm gonna cry again.

"B-but don't worry, I'll book you some photoshoots. Hahanapin kita ng mga clothing line na pwede kang gawing ambassa-"

"No need." Walang gana kong sagot. She immediately looked at me, but I was staring in nowhere. 

"Why?" She asked in a low voice.

"That industry's also controlling me, and I don't like that." I finally looked at my manager straightly, "Even before they decided to pull me out, I actually thought about lie lowing. I need a break." 

I heard her sighed heavily, "If that's what you want. I'll be leaving, tawagan mo ako kapag may kailangan ka." That instant, she left. I'm alone now again.