Vol. 2 Ch. 16 Misunderstanding

Ace's POV

I turned and saw Nora standing at the door to the roof. She was staring at me furiously. I put my hands up in defense and said, "Thunder Thighs?" She gritted her teeth as she stomped her way over to me and said, "Oh, don't you 'Thunder Thighs' me, Ace! You have 30 seconds to explain yourself before I break your legs!" I gulped and said, "My mom had a sister that was also Ruby's mom! That makes Ruby, Yang, and I each cousins." Nora stood there and said, "Oh, I see. That makes sense." Then she whispered into my ear, "If I find out that you're lying to me, I will break your legs." I felt some sweat go down my neck and said, "Yes, Ma'am." Ruby and Yang both looked at Nora and Yang said, "So we're good, Nora?" Nora nodded and said, "Yeah, we're good." Ruby smiled and said, "Great! We'll leave you two alone for the day. Yang, let's go." Then the 2 of them left.

Once they had left, Nora said, "So, Ace, what's wrong? Mason told me that you came up here to meditate, but that something was bothering you." I sat back down and said, "It's about tomorrow." Nora looked at me confused for a moment, then she went wide-eyed and said, "Tomorrow is the anniversary of your parent's death, isn't it?" I sighed and slowly nodded. She sat down next to me and hugged me. I hugged her back and said, "Do you want to sleep in my dorm tonight?" She smiled warmly and said, "Sure. But I'm still expecting you to make me pancakes in the morning." I chuckled and said, "Of course, Nora." She kissed me and said, "I love you, Ace." I kissed her back and replied, "I love you too, Nora." Then we both got up and went to my dorm. I laid down on my bed and Nora laid down next to me. She started to rub my back gently with one hand while she ran her fingers through my hair with her other hand. It started to slowly relax me and made me feel better. I smiled and said, "Thanks, Nora." She smiled and replied, "No problem, Ace."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.