Vol. 1 Ch. 11 The Night Out Part 1

Ace's POV

Nora and I rode a Bullhead into downtown Vale. I held her hand in mine and led her to a restaurant that I had been to before. It was a place called Rite Bite. We walked in and the waiter said, "Ah, Mr. Dodger, so nice to see you again. Can I get you your normal table?" I smiled and said, "Actually, Barry, could you get me and my girlfriend a table near the window?" He smiled and said, "Right this way." He led us to a table by the window and gave us our menus. Nora sat across from me and gave me a smile and said, "Ace, this place is amazing. How do you know that guy? Do you recommend anything on the menu?" I smiled and said, "Nora, the owner was a friend of my parents before they died. My parents and I would eat here almost every week. But when they died, the owner started letting me eat here whenever I wanted, free of charge. But once I started taking small jobs in villages, I started paying for the food myself. Every year on the anniversary of my parents' death, I make it a point to eat here within a week of the day. Maybe next week, I can take you to their graves, I mean if you want."

Nora placed her hands on mine, smiled warmly, and said, "Ace, I'd love to. Sorry if this upsets you, but do you mind me asking, when is the anniversary of your parents' death?" I sighed and said, "It's near the end of this semester." She smiled and said, "Then how about I come with you that day?" I nodded and said, "I'd like that. Thanks, Nora." She replied, "Anything for you, Ace. I love you." I smiled and said, "I love you too, Nora." We ordered our food and ate. As we ate, we shared stories and laughs. Eventually, the owner came over and said, "Hey, Ace. I'm always glad to see you here! I see you brought a girl with you!" I smiled and said, "Hey, Robin. This is my girlfriend, Nora Valkyrie. Nora, this is the owner, Robin Lapis." Robin smiled and said, "It's so good that Ace finally found someone for him." Nora replied, "Well, I'm crazy for him." Robin chuckled and said, "Ace, I think you got yourself a keeper." I smiled and said, "I don't plan on losing her." He nodded and said, "Well, it's been wonderful meeting you, Nora. Take good care of Ace." She nodded and Robin left.

After we finished eating, I paid for our food and looked at Nora. I wrapped my arm around her and whispered into her ear, "Do you want to stay at a hotel tonight and have fun? Or do you want to go back to Beacon?" She smiled and said, "Hotel." I smirked and said, "Well, let's go then." We left and headed to a nearby hotel. When we got there, I got us a room for the night. As we headed to the room and Nora said, "Ace, I love you so much." I smirked and said, "I love you too, Nora."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.