Vol. 4 Ch. 32 Ruined Past Part 2

3rd Person POV

Wind blows with the whistling note of high altitude as Ren walks a stony ledge. Before him is more of the mountain, with a cave just ahead. As Nora and Ace came up behind him, Ren said, "We never get the easy path, do we?" Nora put her hands behind her head and replied, "Easy's no fun anyway." Ace chuckled lightly and added, "And easy's less exciting." Nora dropped her hands as she turned to Ren and said, "You okay?" He nodded and said, "Mmm. And you?" She replied, "I've got you and my boyfriend here, don't I?" Ace smiled slightly, gestured with his hand as he moved forward, and said, "Come on. There's more than one way up a mountain." Ren watched as Nora followed Ace up the mountain for a beat before smiling. Thunder rumbled and Ren lost the smile, turning to look up at the sky.

Ace's POV

Nora and I found a cave entrance and she called out to Ren, "Hey! There's wind blowing out of this cave!" Ren caught up to us as leaves blew outward towards us. Nora asked, "Think it might lead to the peak?" I shrugged my shoulders and Ren said, "I suppose there's only one way to find ou-ah!" Ren was cut off as a large piece of fabric abruptly blew out from the cave and covered his face. Nora giggled, covering her mouth with her hands, as Ren freed himself. Ren replied, "Yes, yes. Very funny." I spoke up and said, "I thought it was funny."

He looked down at the marked fabric in his hands and goes still. Nora lowered her hands and the two of us stepped closer. I asked Ren, "Hey, what's wrong?" He replied, "This is the symbol for Shion Village." Nora said, "Shion? But that's... that's the village where we found the Huntsman. It's weeks away from here!" Ren dropped the fabric and ran into the cave. Nora and I both called out to him and said, "Ren! Wait!"

3rd Person POV

Ren stopped once he was far enough into the cave to have a good look at what's there. Nora and Ace caught up to him and became alarmed at what they see. Nora placed a hand over her mouth and Ace said, "Oh my gosh..."

In the spacious area, weapons speckled every place you can look. Swords, axes and staffs are all either propped up or on the ground. Ren moved in and picked up an arrow. He studied it while Nora approached just behind him. As she looked, both Ren and Ace also see what's on the ground... the Nuckelavee hoofprint. It was pointed towards another opening on the opposite end of the cave. Ren shook his head and said, "No..." Before the three of them were the shaking trees and the abandoned village of Kuroyuri. Nora took Ren's hand and he returned the grip. Ace grabbed Nora's other hand and she held it tightly.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi MasterRose88 wishing that he had some ideas for how to change the Nuckelavee fight scene)

After the Nuckelavee was killed, Nora rushed over to Ace, who had gotten thrown through the walls of two houses by the Nuckelavee. He was holding his head in pain and Nora helped him up. He grabbed Equinox and holstered it. Nora held his hand as they walked out to the rescue ship that had arrived. As the ship was approaching Mistral, Nora and Ace sat next to Ren on the edge of the ship. Ace looked at Ren and said, "Hey, Ren." Ren looked at Ace, who then said, "Thanks for saving Nora all of those years ago. If you hadn't helped her, I'd would've never met the love of my life." Ren smiled and said, "I didn't want anyone else to die that night." Ace pulled something out of the inside pocket of his jacket and said, "Hey, Ren. I found this and thought you might like to have it." Ren smiled as he grabbed the item from Ace and put it in his bag. That item was a slightly faded picture of a young Ren with his parents.

 That item was a slightly faded picture of a young Ren with his parents

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I'm almost done with this book so make sure to vote for who you want me to do next.
Master out.