Vol. 5 Ch. 37 Friends and Family

3rd Person POV

Ruby grabbed the tea tray and headed to the living room while Ren and Ace continued to cook. Ruby looked at the tea tray and said, "So, we didn't know how many people were coming, so we just cooked all of it." She looked up, and gasped as she dropped the tea tray and its contents, which shatter on the floor. She stared in disbelief at the sight of not only Qrow, but of her older sister Yang and her teammate, Weiss. Yang approached her little sister.

Ruby said, with her voice cracking, "Yang, I... I'm so sorry! I-I should've stayed, and I should've talked to you more! I'd─I just..." Tears started pouring from her eyes as Ruby said, "I wasn't sure if you wanted me around and─" Suddenly, her big sister gave her a strong hug. Ruby's lips quivered, and she looked toward her sister. Yang said, "I love you." Then tears streamed from her eyes as well. Ruby sobbed as she leans into her sister's hug and said, "I love you too."

Ace's POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Ace doing some amazing things in the kitchen)

As dinner continues, Weiss told us her story about how she accidentally summoned a Boarbatusk during the Schnee charity ball. Ruby gasped and said, "You did not!" Weiss had her face in her hands and replied, "Yeah, right in the middle of the party." Yang said, "Please tell me you let that lady have it." Weiss replied, "Of course not! Even if I did really want to." My fiancée crossed her arms, skeptical, and said, "No way, I don't believe it." Weiss summoned a Boarbatusk right next to Nora. The Grimm summon growls, causing Nora to yelp and fall onto me. Weiss, Yang, Jaune, Ren, and I all laughed.

As dinner nearly finishes, Yang showed off her robotic prosthetic arm to the rest of the us. All of us reacted in awe as Yang said, "It's not a replacement for the real thing, but I'll make sure to make good use of it." Jaune replied, "That's amazing." "Incredible," Ren added. Ruby got all starry-eyed and quickly zoomed over to her sister's side to admire her arm. My cousin held Yang's arm up and asked, "And it's just as strong?" Yang replied, "Hm, sure is." Suddenly, I heard a bang on the table. Nora had her arm out ready to arm wrestle and she said, "Wanna bet?" Weiss said, "Nora, please, now's not the time..." Despite Weiss' protest, Yang and Nora arm wrestled. Jaune, Ren, and I cheered on Nora while Ruby cheered on for her sister.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.