Chapter 20

Your POV:

I'm the fifth person to climb down the well. I inch down the rope, careful not to let go.

Just as I jump, I feel my feet hit the side of the opening and I begin to fall back. I let out a quick yelp but a pair of strong arms save me from falling.

Once again, I'm staring into the blue ocean eyes of Bill Denbrough.

We awkwardly clear our throats, pulling away.

Now that everyone is here, we begin walking through the tunnels. We navigate the route which we took 27 years ago. Well, the route they too since I was taken by IT beforehand.

"Uh, grey water." I hear Eddie mumble as we have no choice to step into the cold, dirty sewage water.

As we enter the place we defeated IT last time, it is filled with grey water which reaches our waists.

"Hey Y/N." A voice whispers behind me. I stop, turning around to see who it was. But no one is there.

By now, the rest of the losers are in the centre, leaving me still in the water. I start to make my way over to them but I'm stopped by a hand which wraps itself around my ankle.

The decomposed version of my mum rises from the water, wrapping her arms around me, keeping a tight grip.

"Time to join me!" She says, submerging the both of us under water. I don't get the chance to take a breath as it all happens so quick.

I try to escape her grasp but it's no use.

Suddenly, the losers dive under the water, trying to save me from my 'mum'.

Someone punches her in the face, causing her to let me go. I see Bill wrapping his arms around me once more, bringing me back to the surface.

I gasp for air whilst being helped to the centre of the sewer. I climb up the debris, sitting next to Eddie who looked scared shitless.

"Thank God! I didn't want to be the only one walking out of here!" He exclaims, exasperated. I let out a soft chuckle, still regaining my breath. I place a hand on his shoulder in reassurance.

"Don't worry Ed's, we'll all make it out if here alive." I say to stop him worrying.

"Yeah Ed's!" Richie exclaims, joking around.

"Don't call me Ed's!" He shouts at the pair of us. Everything goes silent for a few seconds until Richie and I make eye contact. We burst out laughing, causing everyone but Eddie to laugh along with us.

Moments like these I will treasure forever.

When the laughter dies down, we all stand around a wooden door that is in the centre debris of the sewer.

"Is that it? Is that where we have to go?" Ben asks.

Mike nods his head and without warning, he opens the door. We all shout telling him to wait but he ignores our pleas.

When it's fully open, we look down seeing nothing but a dark abyss. Great, now we have to climb further down.

We each begin to climb down but before I do, I hear Eddie panicking.

"I-I can't do this! No you guys go on without me! I can't! I can't do this!" He exclaims but stops when Richie shines his flashlight in his face, making a weird noise.

"Yes you can, you're stronger than you think. Who killed a clown before he was 14?" Richie asks. Eddie looks down.

"Me."

"Who stabbed Bowers with a knife he pulled from his own face?"

"Me."

"Who married a woman ten times his own body weight?" Richie asks but I could tell it hurt him to say that.

Eddie pauses and looks down. A quick look of regret shining in his eyes.

"Also me."

Richie pats him on the back, giving him a genuine smile.

"There you go buddy! That's the spirit. Now let's go kill ourselves a clown." Richie says, walking to the trapdoor to climb down.

Bev hands Eddie a metal pole, smiling at him.

"This kills monsters." She says. She turns to me for a brief second, before Eddie replies.

"It does?"

"If you believe it does." I say to him. He grips it tighter in his hand, nodding slightly.

The rest of the losers, including me, make our way down, coming face to face with a large rocky opening.

Here, we will finally defeat IT.