Chapter 32

Hey guys! We're now on the final episode of season 1, but there's still a lot to cover. You guys are in for quite the ride for these last couple chapters, so get comfortable. Here we go!

A huge thank you to @sereneur this stunning typography. I think it's one of my top five that they've made me so far, I absolutely love it! I was definitely a little high maintenance on this one, and they never complain. So huge shout out to them!

 So huge shout out to them!

After being thrown out by Valentine, Hodge was roaming the streets, looking for a place to hide

After being thrown out by Valentine, Hodge was roaming the streets, looking for a place to hide. He was currently hiding in an abandoned skate park, but unfortunately for him the wolf pack had tracked him there. They hadn't pinpointed his location yet, but they were close. Hodge was desperately hiding behind a corner, looking for an escape.

Before he could find one, someone came from behind and slammed him against a concrete column, knocking the wind out of him.

"Where is she?" Jace demanded.

"Jace..." He paused to catch his breath. "I'm afraid you're too late. Valentine already has her. And the Cup."

Jace paused, suddenly overwhelmed with emotion. He was too late. He couldn't save her in time.

Hodge took advantage of this and attacked him. They each threw a few punches before Jace kicked him into the wall.

"How could you?" He demanded of his mentor. "Celeste was innocent! She's never done anything to anyone!"

Hodge panted, readying himself for the next round. "It was the only way to earn my freedom. I'd been caged long enough."

"Caged? You were our teacher. We treated you like family. We loved you!"

"Family? Family?" Hodge asked in disbelief, throwing his hands in the air. "The Lightwoods cut a deal, Jace. To have me punished for crimes they themselves committed. Don't you see? I was their prisoner!" He yelled. "And besides... Let's be real for a moment. You can't win." He laughed. "I taught you everything you know." He said, pulling out his chakrams.

Jace grabbed his double sided seraph sword, readying himself for a fight. "Not everything, Hodge."

Jace made the first move, but the two of them were decently matched. The sound of blades clashing and heavy breathing was all that filled the night air. Neither were going down without the fight of their life. They both were giving everything they had to this fight, knowing that there was a very real chance it was a fight to the death.